90 against infantry, structures
0.1 seconds (initial)
When destroyed, leaves a Missile Squad in place.
|“||The surprise is inside
- A.P.C. when deployed
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 5.1 When created
- 5.2 When selected
- 5.3 When moving
- 5.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 5.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 5.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 5.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 5.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 5.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 5.10 When crashing
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The humble GDI A.P.C. Mk III is not the most flashy unit in the GDI arsenal, but its advanced crew safety systems make it a favorite of GDI infantry units across the globe. GDI Missile Squads transported by the A.P.C. routinely survive the destruction of the vehicle and continue fighting in its place.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Effective against infantry and aircraft. Leaves behind a Missile Squad upon death.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
A.P.C. provides a special kind of staying power. It has good enough health to withstand prolonged anti-armor assault from Scorpion Tank. Even if through perseverance the A.P.C. is destroyed, it leaves a Missile Squad in it's place, which usually is a good counter to whatever unit took down the A.P.C. This ability makes A.P.C. especially useful at holding pads.
The attack power of A.P.C. is only marginally better than that of Rhino, so being a mid-game unit, it won't be able to clear out the pads quickly.
The main weakness of the A.P.C. is its price and Movement Speed. It means that on it's own it won't be able to push into the pads and relies on other units to clear out the way. Once established, it is best removed by combined arms, like one or more medium anti-armor units to break up the vehicle, immediately followed by an anti-infantry infantry.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Game show host. When idle moves the turret around.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-10-16: Speed reduced to 3.95 (was 5.9)
- Balance update 2019-11-28: Speed increased to 4.5 (was 3.9)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06:
- Damage to Aircraft increased to 90 (was 80)
- Damage to Infantry increased to 90 (was 80)
- Attack Speed increased to 0.85s (was 0.9s)
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Health decreased to 3300 (was 3500)
- Balance update 2019-07-02: Hitbox adjusted to allow APC to capture hexes more easily.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- A.P.C. ready to roll out!
- A.P.C., the surprise is inside
- A.P.C. ready to rollll
When selected[edit | edit source]
- A.P.C. ready to deliver!
- Armored transport here
- A.P.C. standing by
- Coming in clear, commander
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Moving the prize
- Let's park it there
- A.P.C. rolling out
- Transport en route
- Let's do it!
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- A.P.C., hard as nails
- Let's see what they won!
- Hit and run!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- This might be a short trip
- We might need to bail
- This ride may soon be over
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Delivering the goods
- Package on its way
- Stand by for assault
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- We can't hit that target
- That's a negative, sir
- Sorry, not gonna happen
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Running them down!
- It's what's inside that counts!
- Find my chewy center!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Get ready to bail!
- Seatbelts off, everyone!
- Hang on back there!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The APC was added to the game post-launch in September 2018.
References[edit | edit source]