Allied engineer (Red Alert 3)
|“||On time, as always!
Background[edit | edit source]
Allied field engineers are responsible for keeping the Allied war machine running in top condition. Their technical knowledge allows them to repair friendly structures and capture enemy and tech structures. And their portable jet ski means that water is no obstacle for them. They also possess first-aid training, and can heal wounded friendlies using the medical supplies from their inflatable tent.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|First-Aid Tent||Allied Engineers can deploy into medical tent on the battlefield which can heal nearby friendly infantry.|
|Pack Up||Dismantles the medical tent to allow the Engineer to resume his normal duties.|
Game unit[edit | edit source]
The Allied engineers are equipped with medical supplies, allowing them to heal wounded Allied infantry with ease. However, in order to do so, the engineer must deploy into a first aid tent, which can be brought back down, leaving the engineer mobile again. When multiple first aid tents are deployed close together, they can heal each other and the more of them deployed the faster they cure. But these first aid tents are too small to be classified as structures, so they can be easily ground away by heavy vehicles.
In addition to the kits, they also come along with a collapsible jet-ski which can be used to cross large bodies of water and reach isolated buildings and oil derricks. Engineers have no weapons of any sort, unlike the Soviet combat engineers, who have revolvers, and they cannot sprint like Imperial engineers. Engineers should always travel with a Peacekeeper escort as they have next to no armour and because enemy forces often make them priority targets, as their ability to capture structures makes them extremely dangerous. Even so, they are better off than previous generations of engineers, as engineers had no such equipment back then. Because Allied engineers are unsuitable in conventional military roles, they typically skew older as well as wiser than the average combatant. Engineers tend to talk with in a nasal voice.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Red Alert 3 beta patch 1.3: armour for engineers in first-aid tents increased, immunity to bark-stun in the same mode added
- Red Alert 3 beta patch 1.5: added experience levels
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.05:
- during skirmish and multiplayer games, engineers now take 3 seconds to successfully capture a structure, during which time the engineer is vulnerable to attack
- engineers targeted with cash bounty no longer provide funds when the engineer captures a structure
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.11: fixed a bug that allowed the crusher crane to be captured by an engineer without the 3-second capture delay
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Upon exiting the Boot Camp[edit | edit source]
- On time as always!
Select[edit | edit source]
- Tools ready!
- How can I help?
- Oh, hi!
- I'm here if you need me!
- Hey there, command!
- Hello? Hello?
- Need a repair?
- I'm listening, sir!
- I've got the knowledge!
- I have the tools!
- Engineer on duty!
Moving[edit | edit source]
- I won't be late!
- Whatever you say, sir!
- Yes, sir!
- Alrightey then!
Moving to land[edit | edit source]
- Comin' out!
- Ooh, get me a towel!
- Aww, I was just getting used to it!
- Last one out is a rotten egg!
Moving to water[edit | edit source]
- Is it safe in there?
- ...what about sharks?
- Maybe you should go in first!
Garrisoning a structure[edit | edit source]
- I thought you'd never ask!
- Don't have to tell me twice!
- Ooh! Do they have Internet?
Capturing a structure[edit | edit source]
- Analyzing schematics!
- Studying blueprints!
- Got the plans right here!
- I know this part!
Repairing a structure[edit | edit source]
- I know just the trick!
- I can fix it!
Under fire[edit | edit source]
- I'm unarmed!
- Get 'em off me! Get 'em off me!
- Get me outta here!
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- When the medical tent is deployed, Allied Engineer cannot be lifted up by Yuriko, but still take damage from her attack.
- The tent can still be sucked into the Vacuum Imploder singularity, but cannot be destroyed by it. The tent remains in air, becomes unable to pack up and vulnerable to AA attacks only, and can now heal flying infantries, like Rocket Angels, as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|“||Need a repair?
- Like the Allied engineer from Red Alert 2, this one is voiced by Phil Tanzini. Many of the lines are identical to those of his predecessor.
- Although not processing any weapons, Allied engineer can gain veterancy by pick up veterancy crates or being trained after occupying Veteran Academies.
- Strangely, none of the engineers in the Red Alert universe wear protective body armour or exoskeleton suits like those in the Tiberium universe. Instead, they wear only civilian attire.
- The concept art shows a striking resemblance to the GDI engineer from Tiberium Wars.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]