1 vs 1
Arms Race a side challenge in Commander's Challenge.
Background[edit | edit source]
Briefing Information[edit | edit source]
- Teams: 1 vs 1
- Enemies: Oleg
- Tech Unlocked: Vacuum Imploder
- Next challenge unlocked: Battle Room
- Location: Madagascar
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Encaged yourself in the starting point is a not a good idea. Relocate your base to the sea for wider expansion area and better protection from enemy's ground force is a good stragery.
- But beware of Natasha and Soviet Navy.
- Oleg doesn't build Airfield in this mission, but heavily defends on his AA ground forces, like Bullfrog and Flak Cannon.
- Allied Arsenal is recommended, as it can obtain Free Trade upgrade, which improves resource collecting effort in early game.
- Chrono Rift helps protecting important buildings from Vacuum Imploder, or buys the player enough time to counter it.
- The Allied has 2 offensive support power, unlike the Soviet, which are placed in the same Protocol column, unlike the Imperial counterparts.
- Harbinger gunship is recommended, as it can easily deal with AA ground units, and can self-repairs. Advanced Aeronautics and High Technology both improves its capability. It is much cheaper and faster to build than the Imperial Giga-Fortress, and much more flexible than Soviet Kirov Airship.