250 against infantry
0.25 seconds (initial)
4 seconds to unpack
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Changelog
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Nod Artillery is a self-propelled artillery vehicle that fires high-explosive shells at extreme range. Relatively low-tech by Nod standards, the Nod Artillery is still extremely effective at shelling all manner of ground targets.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against infantry and vehicles, cannot target air. Can attack up to 3 tiles away in a cone, but it must set up first.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
A dominant long range unit, Artillery will make short work of any infantry and all but the toughest armored vehicles. Its long range ensures that the pounding can begin long before any ground unit can fight back. It is especially powerful on maps where the pads are clumped together or where there is a single point where action takes place. The splash damage makes squad units very vulnerable to it.
It takes a while to set up, but it's long range means it doesn't have to move into the firing line. So long as there are ground units shielding it, Artillery can set up in safety. It can shoot farther than it can see, therefore having units in front of it is required for its full potential.
The main threat that Artillery faces is aerial attack, especially from burst damage units, like Orca. Therefore Artillery is best accompanied by a powerful anti-air unit, like Stealth Tank or Phantom. Even lighter ground units can deal with artillery, if they come in great enough numbers, since the attack rate of four seconds is not enough to single-handedly deal with a rush, especially if they come from various angles and the turn speed becomes an issue. The most difficult unit to deal with might be the Titan, since it can shoot through the defending units.
The damage to structures is immense and it would take 10 shots to completely level the base.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-07-19:
- Damage reduced to 1250 (was 1500)
- Damage vs Infantry reduced to 120 (was 200)
- Attack duration increased to 5 seconds (was 4)
- Health reduced to 1500 (was 1800)
- Speed reduced to 3.9 (was 5.5)
- Patch 1.1 2018-10-04: Damage vs. Infantry increased to 250 (was 120)
- Patch 1.4 2019-02-27: Artillery slowly rotates while still deployed.
- Balance update 2019-04-03:
- Set-up reduced to 4 seconds from 5 seconds
- Turn speed reduction while deployed reduced to 50% from 90%
- HP increased to 1650 from 1500.
- Balance update 2019-05-01:
- Attacks per second increased to 3.2 from 4.25
- Projectile speed increased to 80 from 50
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Attack per second reduced to 3.6 (was 3.2)
- Balance update 2019-06-27: Cost increased to 110 (was 90)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Barrage ready!
- Artillery shells loaded!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Ready to rain judgement!
- Something needs shelling?
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Artillery on the move
- Taking position
- Artillery relocating
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Death from above!
- We'll pound them!
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Can't target that
- Shells ineffective
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Shower them with shells
- Pound them to dust
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Artillery needs cover!
- Artillery under attack!
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2019-07-31:
- Time between attacks reduced to 3.9 from 3.6
- Damage to vehicles reduced to 1000 from 1250
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Juggernaut — GDI long range artillery unit
References[edit | edit source]