Attack bike (Tiberium Wars)
|For other uses, see Attack bike.|
Anti-air recon vehicle
NODAttackBikeArmor (110% Cannon, 110% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 50% Gun, 1% Sniper)
|“||This bike's ready!
- Attack bike rolling out of the Nod war factory.
Background[edit | edit source]
The attack bike is even faster than its predecessors, but this speed comes at a cost - the armour is practically non-existent, the driver (usually a militant) is completely exposed and its attack is very ineffective against enemy infantry. It roughly resembles a cruiser bike with missile pods on either sides.
Deployment[edit | edit source]
Attack bikes were first deployed in the beginning stages of the Third Tiberium War. Most notably during Nod's capture of the White House, they were instrumental in shooting down GDI's V-35 Ox transports bringing in reinforcements.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Call for transport||If an Air Tower is deployed, Attack Bikes can call in a Carryal transport for pickup for a small fee of $200. This ability has a 2 minute cooldown (Ctrl+A).|
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Tiberium Core Missiles||Tiberium Core Missiles enhance the attack power of the Attack Bike significantly, becomes significantly more potent against aircraft, while retaining the damage versus infantry (Ctrl+D).||Purchasable at any Tech Lab for a cost of $2500 and takes 1:15 to research.|
In-game unit[edit | edit source]
In the game, the Attack Bike is the fastest scout vehicle available. Its speed is unmatched and its dual rocket pods are deadly against ground and air vehicles. However, the tiny vehicle has virtually no armor and its destruction is guaranteed against heavier units. Also, it lacks the weight to crush infantry, so steer clear of them. Keep a careful eye out for Missile Squads and Disintegrators, as they can make quick work of Attack Bikes.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.05:
- removed 200% attack power bonus vs. aircraft
- turret arc and turn rate increased, which allows the unit to more-effectively attack any nearby targets while moving
- directional armour removed, which makes the unit more resistant to attacks from the flank and rear
- fixed an error that caused the unit to not always fire both rockets at once, effectively raising its attack power
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.09: range increased by 16%.
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01: the Tiberium core missiles upgrade no longer reduces the attack bike's range
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02: resistance to cannon-type weapons reduced by 10%
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- This bike's ready!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Come on!
- What are we waiting for?
- We're wasting time...
- Yeah, I'm ready!
- Let's go for a hunt!
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Go, go!
- Let's go!
- Hit it!
- Got it!
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- Get rid of 'em!
- I got 'em!
- This one's mine!
- Run 'em down!
- Don't let 'em get away!
- We're coming to get you!
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Attack 'em!
- Easy pickings!
- Blow 'em open!
In combat[edit | edit source]
- Kill 'em all!
- Ha ha, I like this!
- Hit 'em and run!
- No one's gonna save you now!
When retreating[edit | edit source]
- Go back!
- Leave it, let's go!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Feng Zhu early concept art