Ultimate battle walker
Laser cannon, flamethrower
150 against infantry (flamethrower)
0.5 seconds (flamethrower)
Explodes on death (1700 damage), damaging all adjacent ground units
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Avatar Warmech is designed to counter the heaviest units in GDI's arsenal. Equipped with both an Obelisk-class laser cannon and powerful flamethrower, the Avatar can dispatch enemy ground units with ease.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against infantry, vehicles. Cannot target air. Explodes on death, damaging all adjacent ground units. Fires while moving.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Avatar is the ultimate late game unit for Nod. The continuous attack by either flame thrower or laser cannon will quickly dispatch of any squad units, making it impractical to counter it with lot of cheap ground units. When boosted with the Fanaticism ability, Avatar can move quite quickly to contest the pads or harass the harvesters. The flamethrower is quite effective against structures.
Even if the Avatar falls pray to a swarm of ground units, like Predator Tanks, its exploding core can do a significant damage to any nearby units, if they are not quick enough to escape.
On the ground, the only unit that can beat Avatar is a Mammoth Tank, but the main threats for it are air units. But even if it is under severe air assault, the high health makes Avatar a great distraction, since it is difficult to both attack the Avatar and to contest the pads, let alone pressure the base.
The main weakness of the Avatar is the high cost. If the opponent is successfully charging the pads and pressuring the Harvesters, there might not be enough time to collect enough Tiberium to field the Avatar before the final Nuclear missile hits.
Personality[edit | edit source]
♂ Mad scientist with a bent on destruction. When idle, moves the flamethrower as if burning everything in front of it, and takes roaring posture.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06: Cost increased to 230 (was 220)
- Balance update 2019-03-13: Health reduced to 5800 (was 6500)
- Balance update 2019-04-03:
- Damage to Infantry reduced to 135 from 150
- Damage to Harvesters reduced to 110 from 150
- Damage to Structures reduced to 300 from 400
- Death explosion damage increased to 1700 from 1500
- Patch 1.5.0 2019-04-23: Speed reduced to 4.5 (was 5.5)
- Balance update 2019-05-01: Health increased to 6200 from 5800
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Damage vs. Infantry increased to 140 (was120)
- Balance update 2019-07-31:
- Damage to vehicles increased 160 from 150
- Damage to infantry increased 150 from 140
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- I'm alive!
- Avatar warmech has arrived
- Avatar warmech lives!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Warmech ready to experiment
- Warmech ready to kill
- Avatar warmech waiting
- Lighting my bunsen burner
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Destruction on the move
- Avatar warmech advancing
- Moving to eliminate
- A walking death machine
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- Destruction imminent
- Going to crush the enemy
- All will perish
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Waste of my genius
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Destroying everything
- Their end is near
- Warmech is invincible!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- I'm getting crushed!
- Warmech taking damage?!
- Warmech needs to retreat!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Death is forever!
- My destruction is at hand!
- Failed experiment!
References[edit | edit source]