|For other uses, see Avatar.|
Ultimate battle walker
Laser cannon, flamethrower
0.5 seconds (flamethrower)
Average (~0.32 TPS)
Explodes on death (1700 damage), damaging all adjacent ground units.
Flame thrower is used against infantry and structures; laser cannon against vehicles, including harvesters.
|“||Warmech ready to experiment
- Avatar when selected
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 Trivia
- 11 See also
- 12 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Avatar Warmech is designed to counter the heaviest units in GDI's arsenal. Equipped with both an Obelisk-class laser cannon and powerful flamethrower, the Avatar can dispatch enemy ground units with ease.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Explodes on death, damaging all adjacent ground units.
- Fires while moving.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Avatar is the ultimate late game unit for Nod. The continuous attack by either flame thrower or laser cannon will quickly dispatch of any squad units, making it impractical to counter it with lot of cheap ground units. When boosted with the Fanaticism ability, Avatar can move quickly to contest the pads or harass the harvesters. The flamethrower is also effective against structures.
Even if the Avatar falls pray to a swarm of ground units, like Predator tanks, its exploding core can do a significant damage to any nearby units, if they are not quick enough to escape.
On the ground, the only unit that can beat Avatar is a Mammoth tank. But even if it is under severe air assault, the high health makes Avatar a great distraction, since it is difficult to both attack the Avatar and to contest the pads, let alone pressure the base.
The main weakness of the Avatar is the high cost. If the opponent is successfully charging the pads and pressuring the Harvesters, there might not be enough time to collect enough Tiberium to field the Avatar before the final Nuclear missile hits.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2019-02-06: Cost increased to 230 (was 220)
- 2019-03-13: Health reduced to 5800 (was 6500)
- Damage to Infantry reduced to 135 (was 150)
- Damage to Harvesters reduced to 110 (was 150)
- Damage to Structures reduced to 300 (was 400)
- Death explosion damage increased to 1700 (was 1500)
- 2019-04-23: Speed reduced to 4.5 (was 5.5)
- 2019-05-01: Health increased to 6200 (was 5800)
- 2019-06-05: Damage vs. Infantry increased to 140 (was 120)
- Damage to vehicles increased 160 (was 150)
- Damage to infantry increased 150 (was 140)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- I'm alive!
- Avatar warmech has arrived
- Avatar warmech lives!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Warmech ready to experiment
- Warmech ready to kill
- Avatar warmech waiting
- Lighting my bunsen burner
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Destruction on the move
- Avatar warmech advancing
- Moving to eliminate
- A walking death machine
When moving to attack[edit | edit source]
- Destruction imminent
- Going to crush the enemy
- All will perish
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Waste of my genius
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Destroying everything
- Their end is near
- Warmech is invincible!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- I'm getting crushed!
- Warmech taking damage?!
- Warmech needs to retreat!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Death is forever!
- My destruction is at hand!
- Failed experiment!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|“||“The Avatar is an oft requested addition to Rivals and a unit we’ve been just as eager to get it into the game. Finally Nod has a unit that can go head to head with the Mammoth Tank.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mad scientist personality with a bent on destruction. Male.
- Avatar ofttimes glitches and is gliding instead of walking.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Mammoth tank — Nod counterpart.
References[edit | edit source]