|For the Tiberian Sun version, see Banshee (Tiberian Sun).|
0.5 seconds (initial)
Fastest (~0.62 TPS)
|“||Banshee ready to howl!
- Banshee when leaving Air tower
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Banshee was Nod's primary multi-role fighter aircraft during the Second Tiberium War. Based on Scrin technology and utilizing exotic plasma cannons, the Banshee is a capable weapon against both aircraft and ground vehicles.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Banshee is a midtier anti-vehicle aircraft. It has no special features or abilities, but more than makes up for it by delivering significant damage. The flying ability is useful in maps with many obstacles and choke points.
Works well with Venom, as both units cover all main unit types. This pair is especially deadly to Attack bikes, which go down twice as fast compared to a lone Banshee. The sustained damage to vehicles makes it a good counter to tanks. If anti-air capability is not required, Laser drones are a much cheaper alternative and Shade can use hit-and-run tactics.
In therms of raw anti-aircraft firepower, Banshee is ahead of all Nod non-tech units. They perform very well against slow moving aircraft like Kodiak and Basilisk. If a more powerful anti-air unit is required, Phantom is a good option. Although it has lower damage per second, the better health and burst damage allows the Phantom to dominate the sky.
Banshees are rather fragile and will struggle against units that can target aircraft. In the early game the Missile squads and Pitbulls are the main threats. Later the Phantom and Stealth tank can get rid of the banshee in an instant.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-07-11: Cost reduced to 60 (was 70)
- Attack duration decreased to 1.6 seconds (was 2.0)
- Turn rate increased to 300 (was 150)
- Health reduced to 1200 (was 1500)
- Damage vs Aircraft decreased to 250 (was 450)
- HP increased to 1210 (was 1200)
- Damage to Air increased to 293 (was 250)
- 2018-11-28: Damage vs. aircraft increased to 293 (was 250)
- Attack delay decreased to 1.4 (was 1.6)
- Damage vs Aircraft increased to 345 (was 293)
- 2019-03-13: Damage to Vehicles decreased to 396 (was 400)
- 2019-06-27: Damage decrease to 382 (was 392)
- 2019-07-31: Cost decreased to 50 (was 60)
- 2019-09-12: Tiberium cost increased to 60 (was 50)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Banshee ready to howl!
- Banshee rising
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Plasma cannons primed
- Your command
- For Kane!
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Thrusters are wailing
- Seek, destroy
- Taking position
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- When the banshee cries, somebody dies
- Quick, but painful
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As you command
- Banshee, gunning it
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- This is suicide
- Banshee is no match
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- For the brotherhood!
- Delivering death from above!
- Glory to Nod!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Taking fire!
- I can't dissect them!
- They're all over me!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Shade — dedicated anti-vehicle aircraft.
- Laser drone — cheap anti-vehicle aircraft.
- Phantom — anti-aircraft specialist.
References[edit | edit source]