50 (low damage)
Takes 8 attacks (2 seconds) to reach max charge
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 5.1 When created
- 5.2 When selected
- 5.3 When moving
- 5.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 5.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 5.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 5.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 5.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 5.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 5.10 When crashing
- 6 See also
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Nicknamed “The Flying Obelisk” by GDI pilots, the Basilisk is a massive siege aircraft armed with Obelisk-class laser weapons. The Basilisk's laser ramps up its intensity slowly but can fire a continuous beam at enemy units and structures indefinitely.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against vehicles, cannot target aircraft. After attacking for 2 seconds, damage increases significantly. Can attack up to 2 tiles away. Flying.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Heaviest aircraft in Nod's arsenal, Basilisk can make a short work of all ground units, even infantry. Once it is at full power, it can melt away enemies quickly, making it nigh impossible for ground units to get close enough to even begin the attack. Basilisk is the ultimate answer to superunits, like Mammoth Tank.
The average movement speed makes it unsuitable to quickly react to the developments around the battlefield, but it can dominate in situations where all the action is taking place on couple of tiles.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-28:
- Initial damage increased to 100 (was 25)
- High Damage spool up duration decreased to 2 seconds (was 3)
- High Damage increased to 200 (was 125)
- Balance update 2018-07-11:
- Low damage reduced to 50 (was 100)
- High damage reduced to 150 (was 200)
- Low damage vs Infantry reduced to 20
- High damage vs Infantry reduced to 50
- Balance update 2018-07-19: High damage increased to 175 (was 150)
- Balance update 2018-10-16: Health increased to 3000 (was 2500)
- Balance update 2019-01-24: Basilisks need to charge up for each member in a squad
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06: Health decreased to 2500 (was 3000)
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Turn speed increased to 125 from 75
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Basilisk is here
- The Basilisk sees all
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Gaze into the eye
- Your will, commander
- Basilisk, gazing outward
When moving[edit | edit source]
- The eye destroys
- Taking position
- From there we shall see
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Feel my wrath!
- Comply, or be destroyed
- The Basilisk will lay siege
- Honor to the Brotherhood
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Jeopardizes the Basilisk
- Computation unfavorable
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As commanded
- My gaze destroys
- As you wish
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Beyond my gaze
- It cannot be done
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Die by my gaze!
- Burn to ash!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Basilisk compromised!
- Basilisk damaged!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Returning to ash!
- For Nod!
See also[edit | edit source]
- Kodiak — GDI counterpart
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]