|For Tiberian Twilight aircraft, see Basilisk (Tiberian Twilight).|
Average (~0.4 TPS)
Takes 2 seconds (8 attacks) to reach max charge
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Nicknamed “The Flying Obelisk” by GDI pilots, the Basilisk is a massive siege aircraft armed with Obelisk-class laser weapons. The Basilisk's laser ramps up its intensity slowly but can fire a continuous beam at enemy units and structures indefinitely.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- After attacking for 2 seconds, damage increases significantly.
- Can attack up to 2 tiles away.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
The heaviest aircraft in Nod's arsenal, Basilisk can make short work of all ground units, even infantry. Once it is at full power, it can melt away enemies quickly, making it nigh impossible for ground units to get close enough to even begin the attack. Basilisk is the ultimate answer to superunits like Mammoth tank.
Its average movement speed makes it unsuitable to quickly react to developments around the battlefield, but it can dominate in situations where all the action takes place on a couple of tiles.
When changing targets, even within the same squad, the Basilisk drops down to the low damage mode and needs to wait to get to full damage again. The Fanaticism boost helps get to full power faster.
The main threats to the Basilisk are a pair of Slingshots, a pack of Talons or a persistent Hammerhead. To deal with these threats, Basilisk is most effective with Cyborgs, Confessors or Stealth tanks.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Initial damage increased to 100 (was 25)
- High Damage spool up duration decreased to 2 seconds (was 3)
- High Damage increased to 200 (was 125)
- Low damage reduced to 50 (was 100)
- High damage reduced to 150 (was 200)
- Low damage vs Infantry reduced to 20
- High damage vs Infantry reduced to 50
- 2018-07-19: High damage increased to 175 (was 150)
- 2018-10-16: Health increased to 3000 (was 2500)
- 2019-01-24: Basilisks need to charge up for each member in a squad
- 2019-02-06: Health decreased to 2500 (was 3000)
- 2019-07-31: Turn speed increased to 125 from 75
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Basilisk is here
- The Basilisk sees all
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Gaze into the eye
- Your will, commander
- Basilisk, gazing outward
When moving[edit | edit source]
- The eye destroys
- Taking position
- From there we shall see
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Feel my wrath!
- Comply, or be destroyed
- The Basilisk will lay siege
- Honor to the Brotherhood
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As commanded
- My gaze destroys
- As you wish
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Jeopardizes the Basilisk
- Computation unfavorable
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Beyond my gaze
- It cannot be done
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Die by my gaze!
- Burn to ash!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Basilisk compromised!
- Basilisk damaged!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Returning to ash!
- For Nod!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Function is somewhat similar to that of the Basilisk in Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, but has very different design.
- Quotes have a lot of references to eyes. Female.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Kodiak — GDI counterpart
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]