Empty (left) and full (right) bio reactors
In-game structure[edit | edit source]
While it does produce the same amount of power as a Soviet Tesla reactor by conventional means, its most notable function is that it can use up to 5 infantry units as an additional power source. The infantryman is subdued with tranquilizers while attached to the machine. This is a reversible function, as the infantrymen held within a bio reactor can be ordered to exit it unharmed just as if they had been in a standard garrisonable structure.
Thus, if one of Yuri's psychic units controls an enemy infantry unit, it can be sent to the reactor for processing. This frees the psychics' minds, as they no longer need to maintain control of the infantry unit. If the reactor is destroyed or is ordered to "empty" itself, the units are released, but those which were previously mind-controlled will be returned to their original owners.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The idea of a biological reactor may be based on power plants from the Matrix series.
- If mind-controlled infantry from a defeated enemy emerge from a bio reactor, the infantry will be neutral-coloured (white) and attack any nearby units, regardless of allegiance.
- Strangely, if any infantry units mind-controlled by the psychic dominator emerge from a bio reactor, the infantry will no longer have the purple 'aura' above their head. This is likely an engine bug.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Power plant (Red Alert 2) - Allied equivalent
- Tesla reactor - Soviet equivalent
- Tech Civilian Power Plant - tech building
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bio reactors powering the Antarctican psychic dominator