Command & Conquer DOS patch 1.08a
| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Command & Conquer (DOS version)|
|15 October 1995|
|None; preceded by retail|
Patch 1.08a for Command & Conquer was released in October 1995 as the game's first patch.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Windows 95 modem play - this patch improves modem play under Windows 95 for some people. It is still highly recommended that you turn error correct/data compression off on your modem with the correct initialization string. Check your modem manual for more information about this.
- USR 14,400/28,800 UART speed - addresses US Robotics modem connect problems at 14,400 or 28,800 baud.
- Diamond Viper pallette/color problem - addresses a special problem detected in DIAMOND VIPER video card support. If you experience new palette problems try adding the following line to the CONQUER.INI file under the [OPTIONS] section.
- Save the CONQUER.INI file with the new changes.
- Movies do not play when CD is swapped - addresses the fact that briefings and cutscenes do not appear if you choose the NOD disk when playing from disk 1, or any time that you swap disks.