|For other uses, see Confessor.|
Elite anti-infantry infantry
800 per squad member
Average (~0.42 TPS)
Increase Attack Speed of friendly units by 50%.
|“||They must convert
- When ordered to attack
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
Background[edit | edit source]
Confessors are an elite caste of Nod spiritual and military leaders. Their black armor, red capes and intimidating presence inspires zeal in their followers and terror in their enemies. Known to wield heavy gatling guns, they can tear enemy infantry and aircraft to shreds.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Strong against infantry and aircraft, can target vehicles.
- Empowers other friendly adjacent infantry units with 50% increased Attack Speed.
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Confessors are a late game anti-infantry and anti-air infantry squad.
They are a unique in that they are the only infantry unit in the game that is both effective against aircraft and infantry. If opponents rely on infantry and aircraft for all their anti-infantry work, the Confessors can be very difficult to remove.
Their ability to boost infantry attack speed is best paired with Cyborgs or Mutant marauders, since Confessors are available only during the late game and at that time it's difficult to push out light anti-vehicle infantry in significant numbers. Another complementary unit is a Basilisk.
Confessors are vulnerable to all but the lightest anti-infantry vehicles. They are also vulnerable to Snipers due to their movement speed and range, and Chemical warriors due to their chem cloud and high health. Confessors also make good counters to their GDI counterpart the zone troopers.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-06-15: Cost increased to 110 (was 80)
- Health increased to 800 (was 600)
- Zeal buff increased to 50% (was 30%)
- Damage to Vehicles decreased to 15 (was 30)
- Damage to Infantry and Aircraft increased to 40 (was 30)
- Cost decreased to 100 (was 110)
- 2019-07-02: Damage to Air increased to 45 (was 40)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Prayers for the brotherhood
- The Confessor prays
- Inspiration for the devoted
- A hymn before battle
When selected[edit | edit source]
- The Confessor stands firm
- Your will?
- What's needed?
- The confessor recites
- Your command
When moving[edit | edit source]
- A pilgrims journey
- For Kane!
- Beginning my mission
- Spreading the word
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Death will invigorate
- They must bow
- Hear my prayers
- Kill them all!
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As you command
- For the brotherhood!
- Seeking the heretics
- They must convert
- As you wish
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Death awaits
- Pray for my soul!
- A worthy sacrifice
- A glorious death
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Can't do it
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Nonbelievers must die!
- Death for the heretics!
- The fist becomes doctrine
- We will not yield
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- There is no pain
- I see the light!
- They torment me!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unit outfit is somewhat similar to that of Confessor in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.
- Sees the world in religious terms. Male.
- The confessor wore capes like the ones in Tiberian wars and the only unit to wore capes in rivals.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]