Heavy anti-armor infantry
Charged particle beams.
75 against infantry
EMP blasts reduces:
Reveals invisible units
EMP lasts for 5 seconds
|“||Calculating their destruction
- Cyborg ordered to attack
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Cyborg Reaper, upgraded with charged particle beams deployed by the Black Hand organization, can inflict EMP damage on enemy vehicles and aircraft. The quadrupedal Cyborg combines several Nod technological breakthroughs into a single terrifying unit, the very sight of which instills fear into all enemies of Kane.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against vehicles, and aircraft. Can target infantry. Attacks against vehicles and aircraft slow their Attack Speed and Movement Speed by 15% for 5 seconds. Reveals invisible units.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Fast moving and relatively fast shooting, the Cyborgs will make a short work of lighter anti-infantry vehicles and aircraft, not to mention other armor. Their EMP is especially deadly on the defense, when incoming unit will be slowed down before having a chance to fire.
The long effect of the EMP means that if the Cyborg is attacked by multiple vehicles or aircraft at the same time, they could blast the other units every 5 seconds, to keep them all slowed.
Cyborgs are weak to infantry. Since their best defense is rapid offense and EMP ability, infantry will take them out fast. They should be paired with solid anti-infantry unit, like Widowmaker or Confessor.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-15: Cost increased to 130 (was 100)
- Balance update 2018-06-20:
- EMP Effect duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 10)
- EMP Weapon debuff effect reduced to 15% (was 20%)
- Balance update 2018-06-28: Damage vs structures reduced to 100 (was 400)
- Patch 1.1 2018-10-04:
- Health increased to 900 (was 700)
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 75 (was 55)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06: Structure damage increased to 400 (was 100)
- Balance update 2019-07-02:
- Attack speed increased to 1.5 from 2.
- Damage reduced to 340 from 400.
- Balance update 2019-08-12:
- Attack speed decreased to 2 from 1.5
- Damage increased to 400 from 340
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Cyborg systems active
- Cyborg awaken
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Cyborg awaiting directive
- Ready to serve
- Cyborg ready to engage
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Cyborg moving
- Calculating waypoints
- For Kane
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Calculating their destruction
- For the brotherhood
- Cyborg will prevail
- Glory to Nod
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Calculating my destruction?
- My demise is inevitable
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- We will not yield
- EMP cannons primed
- Cyborg engaging
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Order does not compute
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Kill them all
- Glory to the brotherhood!
- Their end is near
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Systems failing
- This is suboptimal
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The unit's multi-legged stance is identical to that of the Cyborg Reaper, which first appeared in Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm. The reason for name disparity is unclear.
References[edit | edit source]