|For Tiberian Sun version, see Disruptor (Tiberian Sun).|
3 seconds (initial)
Slow (~0.29 TPS)
Fires while moving
Does splash damage
|“||Cover your ears
- Disruptor when attacking
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The GDI Disruptor is an experimental siege weapon which uses sonic energy to batter down enemy structures and devastate enemy infantry. Although largely phased out by the Third Tiberium War, the Disruptor remains a potent anti-structure unit.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Disruptor is a medium armored tank that can remove the base with at most 5 shots (in 25 seconds). The long range beam can dispatch of infantry even before they reach the tank, and it assist supporting units with significant chip damage to other vehicles. When this tank is heading for the base, it can't be ignored.
Sending light infantry to counter them will end in a disaster. If sent alone, Disruptor will kill them before they close the distance. Heavier infantry will die on the second beam.
Disruptors are vulnerable to air attacks. Their slow movement speed means that there is enough time to prepare an armored response, that can block and destroy the Disruptor, provided that they are sighted in time.
Since Disruptor is a specialty unit, it would be well paired with supporting units like Zone troopers, which can effectively protect the Disruptor from both armor and aircraft. However, this combination of units is expensive and requires stalling the game as long as possible before these units can be deployed.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Disruptor beam no longer does damage to friendly units or structures
- Disruptor can now fire while moving
- Increased rotation speed of Disruptor turret
- Reduced Damage vs Vehicles to 800 (was 1100)
- 2019-04-03: Damage to Infantry increased to 68 (was 50)
- Damage against Structures increased to 400 (was 250)
- Damage against Vehicles increased to 13 (was 10)
- 2019-06-05: Damage vs. Base decreased to 300 (was 400)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Ready to rock and roll
- Sonics, powering up
- Disruptor reporting for duty
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Disruptor is ready
- Sonic weaponry is online
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Disruptor moving
- I'm on it
- Rock and roll
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Let's get them!
- They won't like the sound of this
- Cover your ears
- Sonic disruption
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Yes, sir!
- Lock and load!
- Crank it up!
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- It's been a blast
- Not like the sound of that
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- No can do
- That's negatory
When attacking[edit | edit source]
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Sonic's under fire!
- Pinned down!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Design is very similar to the Disruptor in the Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.
- Demolition squad attitude. Very lax communication. Male.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Flame tank — Nod counterpart.
References[edit | edit source]