42 against infantry
Background[edit | edit source]
The drone swarm is an outgrowth of Dr. Liang’s research into pilotless aircraft. The drone swarm is armed with a light machine gun for front line combat duty. Dr. Liang objected to weaponizing his drone technology but was ultimately countermanded by General Solomon.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Effective against infantry, cannot attack air. Flying. (Can move over terrain and enemy units.)
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Being the cheapest unit in the Helipad building with sight 3, the Drone Swarm could be considered a scouting unit, but the price of Helipad and the Swarm together is prohibitive to be a good opening unit. However, it's fast and cheap anti-infantry unit and is only rivaled by Razorback, which is three times as expensive.
Being a squad of 5 Drone Swarm can be difficult to deal with for a number of anti-air units, like Phantom (Rivals) and Stealth Tank (Rivals), both of which have burst of 4 rockets, leaving one drone alive, which can be just enough to hold the pad. However, rapid fire units like Widowmaker will obliterate them in one go.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Purely mechanical. Has no special idle animations. When given orders, emits high pitch electric/mechanical noise. When ordered to do impossible or unfavorable things, emits low pitch noises.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-10-26:
- Health increased to 300 (was 150)
- Balance update 2018-11-06:
- Health decreased to 284 (was 300)
- Squad size decreased to 4 (was 5)
- Damage to Vehicles reduced to 7 (was 20)
- Balance update 2019-12-06: Speed decreased to Fast (was Fastest)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06:
- Damage to Infantry increased to 30 (was 20)
- Health decreased to 220 (was 284)
- Speed increased to Faster (was Fast)
- Balance update 2019-04-03:
- Damage to Infantry increased to 42 from 30
- Squad size increased to 5 from 4
- Health decreased to 200 from 284
- Vision increased to 3 from 2
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Health decreased to 175 (was 200)
- Balance update 2019-06-27: Life decreased to 127 (was 175)
- Balance update 2019-09-12: Movement speed increased from 6.928 -> 8
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Initially Drone swarms cost less and did less damage, thus making them proper scouting unit, but they later got buffed.
References[edit | edit source]