As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
An active Firestorm generator
Generates Firestorm barrier
Background[edit | edit source]
The Firestorm defense generator was able to create a force field. Once the generator has been constructed, special Firestorm defense emitters must be placed on the perimeter of an area to be defended, just like a wall. When activated, the force field that resulted from these emitters was impenetrable. The Firestorm Defense Generator consumed massive amounts of power. Because of this, it could only be active for a short period before it needed to recharge. The shield could be turned on and off at will.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Firestorm Conflict, CABAL acquired the Firestorm generator technology from GDI and constructed a Firestorm wall around its core to protect it. CABAL apparently improved this generator, as it was able to maintain the force field indefinitely. However, this Firestorm generator required the assistance of three control stations.
Game building[edit | edit source]
Once constructed, the Firestorm generator grants the "Firestorm Defense" superweapon, which has a recharge time of 3:00. Once activated, all Firestorm wall segments will project an infinitely high force field, which is completely impenetrable and will instantly destroy all units above it, including aircraft and missiles. The force field lasts for 1:00.
The Firestorm Defense can be toggled on and off, turning it off early allows it to begin recharge faster.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Tiberian Sun patch 1.13: Firestorm defence no longer stays up indefinitely when power goes low.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Firestorm generator's name is spelled as "Fire Storm Generator" in-game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Stojsavljević, Rade, and O'Miley Ryan. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Operations Manual. Las Vegas, Nevada: Westwood Studios, 1999.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 7: "Capture Hammerfest Base".
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm. GDI mission 9: "GDI 09:Core of the Problem".