Flame troopers (Rivals)
400 per squad member
0.5 seconds (initial)
Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
|“||May the flames envelop us.
- Flame Troopers when selected
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Flame Trooper squad is the current iteration of Nod's terrifying shock troops. Armed with dual flame cannons, Flame Troopers can quickly lay waste to enemy infantry and structures alike; however, they tend to do little damage to enemy vehicles.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
As powerful infantry squad, Flame Squad excel at eliminating enemy infantry and directly assaulting structures.
In the early game, where every piece of Tiberium matters, Militants are a better choice. But as the game progresses, population cap becomes more relevant and Flames provide more damage and have more health, which allows them to hold pads for longer, even in unfavorable match-ups. Fanatics comparable damage output and boost ability.
Flame Troopers are strong against all structures. The Obelisk of Light has very low fire rate, which allows the Flames to walk up to it and do significant damage. Minigun turret has better fire rate, but low health, meaning that Flames are better off attacking it, not running away. Damage to the base is not significant enough to make a direct assault viable, but it could provide relevant chip damage.
Ability to reveal adjacent stealth units allows them to decloak Stealth tanks, but the limited damage to the vehicles means they have to rely on other friendly units to deal significant damage to the tank.
Flames are weak against all anti-infantry vehicles, aircraft and Confessors.
They share the same stats and abilities as the Shockwave troopers.
Flame Troopers can be deployed using Drill pod.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Damage vs Vehicles reduced to 15 (was 20)
- Health reduced to 280 (was 300)
- Health increased to 540 (was 280)
- Initial attack delay increased to 0.5 seconds (was 0)
- Attack cycle duration increased to 2 seconds (was 1)
- Damage increased to 100 (was 60)
- Damage vs. Structures decreased to 100 (was 160)
- Damage increased to 65 (was 50)
- Health decreased to 480 (was 540)
- Health reduced to 465 (was 480)
- Damage increased to 68 (was 65)
- Health decreased to 400 (was 465)
- Damage increased to 75 (was 68)
- 2019-12-11: Increased Speed to Fast (6.9) (was Average)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Ready to purify with flame
- Flame trooper igniting
- Bringing fire to the world
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Flame trooper, ready to burn
- Firestarter ready
- May the flames envelop us
- Honor to the brotherhood
When moving[edit | edit source]
- The fire spreads
- Purge with fire
- Flames are moving
- For Kane!
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- My flames will surround them
- They will go up in flames
- We will not yield
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As you command
- I cleanse with flame
- Purifying with flame
- As you wish
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- I devout my life to flame
- Flames do as commanded
- I'll burn brightly
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Cannot do it
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- I am on fire!
- The end is near!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- We're going down in flames!
- Flame trooper under fire!
- Taking fire!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Resembles Flamethrower infantry from Tiberian Dawn.
- Prophetic pyromaniac. Male.
- When idle shoots flames into the air.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Militant — lighter anti-infantry infantry.
- Fanatics — anti-infantry with boosting ability.
- Shockwave troopers — GDI counterpart.
References[edit | edit source]