Flame tank (Rivals)
|For other uses, see Flame tank.|
380 against infantry
Flames damage 4 tiles in a cone
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The third generation Flame Tank is a terror weapon of enormous anti-structure potential. Sporting powerful dual flame cannons, the Flame Tank can lay waste to masses of infantry — friend or foe — in a single attack.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against infantry and structures. Can attack vehicles, cannot attack air.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Flame Tank follows the classical Nod approach: fast and high damage. There is no infantry that can stand against the flame tank, and even long range infantry like MG Squad is not save behind friendly units, as the flames reach over them. This cone of flame can be a blessing and a curse, since frying up own units or even the base can be easily done by mistake.
Even though the flames can reach targets two hexes away, the Flame Tank has to get close and personal before it can start firing.
For maximum efficiency when attacking the base, the Flame tank should be placed so that the whole flame cone is hitting the base.
Flame tank can be easily countered by anti-vehicle aircraft and armor.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Patch 1.1 2018-10-04:
- Damage vs. Vehicles reduced to 50 (was 100)
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 200 (was 150)
- Health increased to 4000 (was 3000)
- Balance update 2019-12-06:
- Damage vs Structures increased to 550 (was 400)
- Damage vs Infantry increased to 300 (was 200)
- Balance update 2019-12-18:
- Damage vs Structures decreased to 425 (was 550)
- Health decreased to 3500 (was 4000)
- Cost decreased to 110 (was 130)
- Patch 1.2.4 2019-12-18:
- Speed decreased to 5.5434 (was 6.929)
- Health decreased to 3050 (was 3500)
- Balance update 2019-05-01:
- Damage against Infantry increased to 380 from 300
- Damage against Vehicles increased to 72 from 50
- Balance update 2019-07-31:
- Speed increased to Fast from Avg
- Cost decreased to 90 from 110
- Structure Damage reduced to 300 from 425
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Flame tank heating up
- Powering up my burners
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Flame tank hot and ready
- Flame tank's burners are ready
- Something needs burning?
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Delivering the flame
- Taking position
- For Kane!
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Glory to Nod
- Burn. Burn!
- They'll feed my flames!
- Let's melt them down!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- A worthy sacrifice
- Sacrificing for the cause
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- As you wish
- Perhaps it will burn
- Death awaits
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Cannot sacrifice that
- The waste of flames
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Kill them all!
- Nice and crispy!
- Glory to the brotherhood!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- It burns!
- Getting scorched!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Flame tank next to a laser squad, from the announcement trailer
References[edit | edit source]