GDI harvester (Tiberium Wars)
Light machine gun
GDIHarvesterArmor (95% Cannon, 95% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
$1000 (TW 1.00-1.04)
0:10 (TW 1.00-1.04)
0.25 seconds, each burst lasts 0.3 seconds
Carries four sets of Tiberium potions in four slides.
One harvester comes free with each GDI Tiberium refinery
Prepping blueprints for expansion...
GDI harvester (Tiberium Wars) is a stub and needs your help. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
Design[edit | edit source]
These resource gatherers are easily recognized by their light machine gun mounted above the driver's cab to ward off enemy forces that wish to steal their cargo, although it was not be able to fend off armour. Their front "claws" are similar to those of the harvester's first iteration.
In-game unit[edit | edit source]
GDI Harvesters serve as your main source of income; automatically seeking and collecting raw tiberium from nearby fields before returning to a Refinery, where it is collected, counted, and processed into the commander's funds.
Like all other factions, every new Refinery supplies one unit but more can be built, and deployed, from any friendly War Factory or Reclamation Hub.
However GDI's variant has less in armor mainly due to its defensive capability in the form of a light machine gun. The machine gun does minimal damage, however it is capable of picking off light infantry when given sufficient time.
These Harvesters will also hold their ground should they become attacked and others would come and lend a hand, when the need arises.
Apart from that, Harvesters do not have the firepower to take on vehicles or anti-vehicle infantry and aircraft will be able to destroy them without fear of retaliation.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.05:
- cost/build time increased by 40% to $1400/14 sec.
- attack power increased by 300%.
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.07:
- rate of collecting Tiberium has been made equal across all factions
- harvesters now unload at the refinery before moving to a new Tiberium field
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.09:
- carrying capacity reduced by 42% to 1400 credits of green crystals and 2800 credits of blue crystals
- gathering cycle sped up by 8 seconds
- overall rate of income reduced by approximately 35%
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01:
- cost/build time increased to $2000/20 sec.
- hit points increased 25%
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02: cost/build time reduced to $1600/16 sec
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When creater[edit | edit source]
- Let's get to that Tib zone!
- I'm ready to go, which way is to Tiberium?
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Keep it safe!
- Hatch sealed?
- Careful with this stuff!
- Harvesting operations!
- These air vents still working?
- Load and ready!
- Okay, easy now!
- Yes sir!
- Everything set!
When moving[edit | edit source]
- We've got work to do!
- Let's take it here!
- Got it, commander!
- Yet sir!
- Let's take it easy!
- Let's move it!
- Let's roll!
- Alright, let's go!
- Got that, commander!
- Copy, yet sir!
When ordered to harvest[edit | edit source]
- We'll take care of it!
- Approaching Tiberium!
- Ready the loader!
- Your hear 'em!
- Okay, here we go!
When returning to refinery[edit | edit source]
- Resuming harvesting route!
- Returning to base!
- Your heard the boss!
- Return to the docking station!
- Take it back!
- All right guys, that was good!
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- We're going for attack!
- Get ready, gunner!
- Man the gun!
- Okay everybody, this is it!
- Get ready, everybody!
- Here we go!
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- We got looters!
- The shipment's in danger!
- Gun 'em down!
- Shoot 'em!
- Guys, get the guns going!
In combat[edit | edit source]
- We'll have to hold 'em off!
- We're engaged with the enemy, sir!
- It's this working?
- Keep 'em away!
- I- I think we got 'em!
When retreating[edit | edit source]
- Somebody get 'em off our trail!
- Hurry, we can lose 'em!
- We've got to get to safety!
- Back up!
- We gotta get outta here!
- Let's go!
- Go, go, go!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being armed, Harvesters cannot gain veterancy, but do benefit from the bonuses gained from Veterancy Crates.
Names in other languages[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]