Generals patch 1.06
| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
|21 July 2003|
Patch 1.06 for Command & Conquer: Generals was released in July 2003.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- FirewallPortOverride INI entry – repaired this entry so it functions correctly. See section 2.1 of the Readme for more information on using this INI entry.
- ALT-F4 multiplayer exploit – quitting the game during a multiplayer match using Alt-F4, as well as Ctrl-Alt-Delete or the Alt-Tab menu, will now correctly give the user a disconnect stat.
- Chinese and Korean IME window order – Re-prioritized the Korean and Chinese IME windows on the Save/Load screen so they now sort on top of all other windows.
- Scud storm Anthrax Beta bug – GLA's Scud Storm now has the correct damage radius when upgraded with Anthrax Beta.
- China Gattling Tank bug – China's Gatling Tank now correctly moves slower when it is damaged.
- Multiplayer lobbies – The lobbies have been renamed to allow people to congregate based on the type of game they want to play, not their region. These lobbies are:
- 1 vs 1
- 2 vs 2
- 3 vs 3
- 4 vs 4
- N America
- No Supers
- Mod Maps
- General balancing issues:
- Quick-match resolution – the resolution for Quick-Match games is no longer limited to 800×600.
- Behind buildings graphic – addressed a problem where unit occlusion was causing people with older video cards to see invisible units.
- Alternate mouse interface – added feature to allow players to play with "right click action" interface. Movement and actions are handled via right click on the mouse. Also changed arrow keys to support map scrolling.
- GeForce FX glitch – fixed a glitch that caused some graphics corruption to appear for owners of NVIDIA's GeForce FX video cards.
- Crash fix – fixed a crash that occurred when you disable the "behind buildings" feature in the advanced options, exit the game, re-enable the feature in the advanced options, and then load a map.
- Cheat hacks – fixed the ability for players to cheat by giving themselves automatic build, upgrade, and Generals powers buttons. Also fixed the ability for players to hack their Generals points in multiplayer games.