Generals patch 1.08
|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
|15 December 2005|
|None; final official version|
Patch 1.08 for Command & Conquer: Generals was released in December 2005, and was the final official patch for the game.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- This patch is being released for technical reasons related to the upcoming The First Decade version. Without this patch, people with The First Decade version will be unable to play multiplayer games with people with retail versions. This does not affect Zero Hour in any way at all; this is a Generals specific issue. So next time you log online to play C&C Generals, the patch will automatically install. We understand the desire for other changes to be included in this patch for Generals; however, for technical reasons and to ensure everyone could play online with the different versions of Generals between The First Decade and the retail version, we absolutely needed to create a quick patch early on.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The game's internal replay system does not differentiate versions 1.07 and 1.08, and both will result in the replay data referring to 1.07. This means the gameplay is identical between the two and the replays are mutually compatible.
Download mirrors[edit | edit source]
- Electronic Arts' FTP server (all languages)
- Patches-Scrolls.com (all languages)
- CnCSaga.com (French only)