Generals universe timeline
- 1 Pre-GLA War
- 2 War against the GLA
- 3 Between GLA War I and GLA War II
- 4 Second GLA War (Generals 2)
- 5 References
Events without specified time
- The Second Korean War, during which Alexis Alexander served as a logistics staffer.
- China begins the "Modern Way" program, producing new civil liberties and growth in exports.
- The scientist who would later be known as Dr. Thrax finishes his immunologist training in Jordan and disappear into GLA-controlled ghetto in Cairo.
- The First Iraq War begins, Malcolm Granger served as a lieutenant during the war, earning his first notices for knocking out four SAM sites in a single afternoon.
- General Tsing Shi Tao causes the Mudanjiang Disaster, his career is only saved by his considerable talents.
- General Townes receives an appointment from the United States Army War College to teach his theories.
- During this period, it is believed that no terrorist action was taken on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea without the involvement or blessing of Prince Kassad.
- The Taiwan Conflict takes place. General Shin Fai's peacekeeping units prevent it from escalating into a global war.
- Having found academic life too slow, General Townes return to a battlefield command.
- General Rodall Juhziz and his organization sink the USS Nelson.
- The GLA cross into Western China and begin building popular support for an independent state in the region.
- The first tanks of the Emperor program, sponsored by Chinese General Ta Hun Kwai, roll off the assembly line.
- The GLA attacks a Chinese military outpost in Yecheng, stealing thousands of rounds of munitions and destroying a nuclear power plant.
- In order to demonstrate its military strength and show its determination in fighting the GLA, China holds a military parade in Beijing. GLA forces attack the parade and destroy much of Tiananmen Square using a nuclear device, starting the GLA War.
First phase (Generals)
- Chinese troops achieved the first victory against the GLA, taking out a bunker holding stolen nuclear materials outside Beijing.
- The Hong Kong Convention Center, captured by GLA, is destroyed by Chinese forces.
- The Three Gorges Dam is destroyed, destroying GLA forces in the area, followed by the destruction of a nearby base from Chinese forces.
- GLA chemical factory bombed by Chinese MiGs in Tibet after a commando raid led by Black Lotus removed GLA anti-air emplacements (Broken Alliances).
- GLA bases in and around Balykchy destroyed by US and Chinese coalition (Scorched Earth).
- Railway bridge destroyed by Black Lotus to stop the GLA from transporting troops by train (Dead in Their Tracks).
- GLA base in Dushanbe destroyed by Chinese forces, marking the PLA's final victory (Nuclear Winter).
- A dam in the Shymkent DMZ is blown up by GLA forces and destroying Chinese forces in the area (Black Rain).
- GLA forces in the Almaty region seize 40,000 dollars of UN aid from local civilians (Almaty Supply Raid).
- GLA sparked massive riots in Astana that caused 40,000 dollars worth in damage to the city (The Astana Riots).
- GLA forces led by Jarmen Kell destroyed the American Airfield in Turkey (Down From The Skies).
- GLA forces recapture toxins in the Aral Sea area that had been lost to a US advance (Toxin Trade).
- A Chinese-backed GLA splinter cell in Kazakhstan destroyed by GLA loyalists (Splinter Cell).
- GLA fighters take the Baikonur launch facility after defeating US and Chinese garrisons (The Taking Of Baikonur).
- US forces destroyed a GLA bio-chemical factory in the Mazar Free Fire Zone in Afghanistan during training operations (Silent Dawn).
- GLA Scud Storm in Baghdad destroyed by US forces (Final Justice).
- Three downed US pilots rescued from GLA captivity by US forces under Colonel Burton (Treasure Hunt).
- Retreating US forces rescued from destruction by efforts of nearby Comanche base (Guardian Angel).
- US forces land on the beaches of the Caspian Sea and destroyed two GLA bases (Stormbringer).
- US forces destroy GLA bases, responsible for the death of a diplomat who's working for the United Nations (Blue Eagle).
- GLA forces and Chinese defectors destroyed by US forces (Desperate Union).
- US and Chinese forces destroy the main GLA base in Akmola (Last Call).
Second phase (Zero Hour)
- Launch facilities in Baikonur destroyed by American forces after GLA chemical attacks on European bases (Global Security).
- American forces under Colonel Burton defend UN aid convoys in Somalia with assistance from an American carrier battle group (Defending The Docks).
- Colonel Burton and Black Lotus destroy a GLA chemical lab in Mount Elbrus (Snow Fall).
- US forces paradrop into Iran to capture an oil field which fund the GLA brokers (Black Gold).
- US forces and GLA defectors capture four chemical missile launch sites (Area Fifty-Two).
- General Mohmar Deathstrike escapes pursuing US forces, being on the run from them (Flight of Deathstrike/The Great Escape).
- GLA separatists led by Prince Kassad are destroyed by GLA loyalists in Cairo, Egypt (Hidden Agenda).
- GLA forces capture an American Particle cannon and use it to destroy a docked aircraft carrier (On the Waterfront).
- Jarmen Kell leads a daring raid into the USA to steal twenty toxin samples at a nearby airport (Jarmen Kell and the Forty Thieves).
- The main US Central Command in Stuttgart is destroyed by GLA forces using stolen US and Chinese weapons (Sneak Attack).
- Chinese forces retake an American outpost after the GLA's victory in destroying the US Central Command Center (The Dragon Unleashed).
- A GLA attack on a Chinese nuclear power plant is defeated (Defending The Fire).
- GLA presence in Corburg eliminated by Chinese forces in taking down statues (Liberation).
- Chinese forces intercept and destroy a large force of GLA forces retreating from Europe (Burning Skies).
- The last GLA forces in Europe are defeated by the Chinese (The Dragon's Destiny).
|The following is based on the cancelled game Generals 2 and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Between GLA War I and GLA War II
- China signs a treaty with Europe, forming the Eurasian Unity League.
- The European Unity League fractures due to unknown reasons.
- The European Union transforms into a superstate, unifying the militaries of its member states, it begins rapidly expanding and militarizing.
- The Asia-Pacific Alliance is formed, composed of China, Vietnam, and a unified Korea. The efforts of General Xiao Ri, a veteran of the First GLA War, allowed the initially fragile coalition to solidify into a global superpower.
- The GLA reorganizes itself.
- EU officer Agembe routs GLA remnants from Afghanistan with tactical artillery strikes. For this victory, he is promoted to lead a specialized artillery division.
Second GLA War (Generals 2)
- After a decade of peace and prosperity, the APA finds itself challenged from all sides: an increasingly expansionist EU continues to flex her muscles, while a series of bloody uprisings take place within key EU and APA satellite states, supposedly orchestrated by a reorganized GLA, though eyewitnesses claim that they possess technology far beyond the reach of any normal terrorist organization.
- The APA dispatches an elite force to infiltrate the latest a most volatile rebellion targeting an EU backed dictator. Its mission is to learn the truth about the GLA, undermine the EU and restore peace to the globe.
Unknown (presumably 2023)
- World leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance.
- Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour manual. Los Angeles, California: Electronic Arts Los Angeles, 2003.
- Command & Conquer: Generals manual. Los Angeles, California: Electronic Arts Pacific, 2002.
- Electronic Arts Pacific, Command & Conquer: Generals. China mission 1: "The Dragon Awakes".
- Electronic Arts Pacific, Command & Conquer: Generals. China mission 2: "Hong Kong Crisis".
- Electronic Arts Pacific, Command & Conquer: Generals. China mission 3: "A Flood of Violence".
- Campaign Missions - Command & Conquer. www.commandandconquer.com (August 23rd, 2013).
- Asia-Pacific Alliance Faction Focus