Air superiority helicopter
585 against aircraft
0.1 seconds (initial)
Can shoot (forward) when moving
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See also
- 8 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The AH-68 Hammerhead is a dedicated air superiority fighter. Designed to clear the sky of enemy aircraft, the Hammerhead has powerful air-to-air missile systems and heavy composite armors that allow it to take even the most dangerous airborne threats.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Effective against aircraft, cannot target ground. Can also attack the enemy base. Flying. Can fire directly ahead even when moving.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
The most powerful GDI anti-air unit, Hammerhead has the raw speed and firepower to dominate the sky. The sturdy hull lets it withstand attacks for considerable time, allowing it to hold pads even against light anti-air units.
When considering cost effectiveness, Talon is a more affordable flying anti-air option, but in the late game, where population cap is more scarce than Tiberium, it serves well by protecting heavy units like Mammoth Tanks and Orca Bombers.
Since it can only shoot air targets, any ground-to-earth unit will eventually take it out of the sky, but since it is mainly used to support other heavy units, ground threats tend not to be high on Hammerheads list of concerns.
Other air-to-air units can be an issue in numbers. If two Banshees manage to surround a Hammerhead, it will go down fast. A single Phantom volley can do a substantial damage to the Hammerhead, but Hammerhead can manage to keep up the engagement, it will take out the Phantom before it reloads.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Confident on it's air superiority. No idle animations.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Patch 1.0.5 2018-09-05: Damage vs Structures reduced to 400 (was 700)
- Balance update 2018-10-26:
- Health decreased to 2250 (was 2500)
- Damage vs Structure increased to 500 (was 400)
- Balance update 2019-12-06:
- Health decreased to 1950 (was 2250)
- DPS unchanged
- Damage vs Aircraft decreased to 595 (was 700)
- Damage to the base decreased to 300 (was 500)
- Attack delay decreased to 1.7 seconds (was 2 seconds)
- Balance update 2019-12-18: Damage vs Structures increased to 425 (was 300)
- Patch 1.5.0 2019-04-23: Damage reduced to 585 from 595
- Balance update 2019-06-05:
- Turn speed increased to 300 (was 150)
- Cost lowered to 90 (was 100)
- Balance update 2019-07-02: Attack speed increased to 1.6 from 1.7.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Hammerhead saving the day
- Hammerhead in the green
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Lock and load
- Both blades spinning
- I hear ya
- Hammerhead circling
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Easy flying
- Course locked in
- Moving out
- Clear skies
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Missiles primed
- I'll hammer them
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Can't lock on
- Can't do that
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Lighting them up!
- Missiles locked on!
- Circling my pray!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Blades have been hit
- We're under fire!
- Getting hammered!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Pull up!
- Going down!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Phantom — Nod air superiority aircraft
References[edit | edit source]