InOps is the intelligence branch of the Global Defense Initiative.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Headquartered at the InOps Combat Intelligence Center in Washington DC, the InOps was tasked with the collection and analysis of military intelligence. They were responsible for providing GDI commanders with up to date intelligence through mission briefings and the Intelligence Database, and also provided the assessment on the threat level of Nod.
GDI commanders who are able to gather vital intelligence during missions are awarded the InOps Specialist Ribbon.
History[edit | edit source]
In March 2047, while GDI's Annual Energy Summit was taking place aboard the space station Philadelphia, InOps downgraded the threat level of Nod attacks to low, believing that Nod has been fractured by internal power struggles with the apparent death of Kane and predicting another decade of peace.
However, this was a deliberate illusion created by the Brotherhood. Taking advantage of the complacent state of the GDI, Nod launched a surprise attack on the weakly defended Goddard Space Center, destroying the A-SAT control center and paralyzing GDI's space assets. With GDI's anti-missile system offline, Nod destroyed the Philadelphia with a nuclear missile, killing almost the entirety of GDI's leadership and starting the Third Tiberium War.
During the war, InOps provided GDI commanders worldwide with intelligence on the weapons and tactics of Nod, and later, the Scrin. Its most notable accomplishments included the discovery of Nod's nuclear launch facility in Cairo (which launched the missile that destroyed the Philadelphia), the aliens' weakness to sonic weapons, as well as the relay node at Ground Zero.
Known members[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Electronic Arts. Kane's Secret Dossier (mysterious pamphlet). Mirror: Criminal dossier (Kane) 2009-10-13.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI mission 1: "North Carolina Badlands".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. Nod mission 1: "Goddard Space Centre".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI InOps, "Cairo Nuclear Launch Facility".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI InOps, "Sonic Weapons and the Invaders".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI InOps, "Alien Control Node".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. GDI mission 1: "Beginning of the End".