Iron Curtain (Red Alert 3)
|For other uses, see Iron Curtain.|
Energy barrier is lethal to infantry
|“||Do you know what it's like to have indestructible tanks ripping through your base like a bull in Chinashop? No? Then let me show you how the Iron Curtain works!
- Oleg Vodnik
Background[edit | edit source]
The Iron Curtain is one of the Soviet military's most-feared creations. It gathers some sort of energy inside its furnace, which it uses to project a kinetic barrier onto armored forces. While the barrier lasts only a short while, affected targets are completely invulnerable during that time.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Iron Curtain Field||Make vehicles and/or structures become totally invulnerable for a brief amount of time and require some time to another use afterward. Also instantly kills all infantry.|
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Kills infrantry.
- Protects the object from being damaged by incoming attacks.
- Protects vehicles from being crushed by a bigger vehicle.
- Sky Knights produced by an Iron Curtained Aircraft Carrier will be Iron Curtained as well.
- Removes Tanya out of the Iron Curtained object.
- Iron Curtained Terror Drones cannot be removed by repair drones.
- Protects the vehicle from infection damage.
- Protects vehicles from being sucked into the Vacuum Imploder singularity and protects buildings from being damaged by it.
- From special abilities
- Prevents and undoes freezing.
- Protects objects from Blackout Missile.
- Prevents weapon from being jammed.
- Prevents the vehicles from being paralysed, staticized and disrupted.
- Prevents the vehicles from being bribed.
- Vehicle's pilots cannot be sniped.
- Protects units like King Oni or Shogun Battleship from destroy themselves when hitting a larger unit with their ramming abilities.
- Protects Dreadnought from damaging itself when overloading its Launchers.
- Prevents vehicles from being dragged by Apocalypse tank's Magnetic Harpoon.
- Prevents Hammer tank from healing itself when using leech beam on the Iron Curtained object.
- From protocols
- Protects objects from Chrono Rift.
- Protects objects from being destroyed by rematerializing objects which were phased out by the Chrono Rift.
- Prevents vehicles from being equipped with Point-Defense Drones.
- Prevents vehicles from taking Toxic Corrosion damage.
- Protects vehicles from Magnetic Satellite.
- Protects vehicles from Magnetic Singularity.
- Prevents objects from being placed Cash Bounty on.
Exceptions[edit | edit source]
- An Iron Curtained vehicle transported by a Twinblade will be destroyed normally if the helicopter is shot down.
- Iron Curtained Terror Drones get in a transport will be destroyed if the transport is destroyed.
- If an airfield/airbase with Iron Curtained planes docking in is destroyed, the planes still be destroyed.
- Iron Curtained vehicles can still be destroyed voluntarily with a Crusher Crane.
- Doesn't prevent suicide abilities, like the Burst drone's Self Destruction or Yari mini-sub's Last Voyage, from destroying the suicide unit.
- Doesn't protect vehicles from S.H.R.I.N.K. beam and doesn't undo the effect.
- Doesn't prevent shrunk units like King Oni or Shogun Battleship from destroy themselves when hitting a building with their ramming abilities.
- Doesn't undo the effect of Blackout Missile.
- Doesn't prevent sniped vehicles from being captured.
- Doesn't protect jet fighters from taking "out-of-ammo" damage and crashing.
- Doesn't prevents vehicles from being infected and doesn't remove infection.
- Doesn't prevent weapon from being leeched if the vehicle is somehow destroyed.
- Doesn't prevent vehicles from being Chronoshifted or Chrono Swapped.
- Doesn't protect vehicles from being destroyed by unmatched terrain when teleported.
- Doesn't prevent units from being affected by Emperor's Rage.
- Doesn't prevent Sunburst drone from attaching itself to the Iron Curtained unit, or slowing it down.
- Doesn't affect Point-Defense Drones.
- Doens't prevent vehicle from being contaminated with Toxic Corrosion and doesn't remove the Toxic.
- Doesn't protect Kirov Airship from damaging itself for using Volatile Fuel.
- Doesn't undo Cash Bounty if already placed on the objects.
- Doesn't prevent civilian building from being cleared or occupied.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- Using Iron Curtain on an Athena Cannon with Aegis Shield active or Assault destroyer with Black Hole Armor engaged would cause a graphic glitch and make the shield/field invisible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In truth, the Iron Curtain effect lasts for 28 seconds. Specifically, 25 seconds after first received and 3 seconds for area effect.
- The real "Iron curtain" was a political border in Europe separating capitalist countries from communist countries, at the end of World War 2 until 1991, when the USSR collapsed.
References[edit | edit source]
- Red Alert 3 loading screen