|For other uses, see Kodiak.|
230 against infantry
0.5 seconds (initial)
Attacks arc of three hexes in front of it.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 5.1 When created
- 5.2 When selected
- 5.3 When moving
- 5.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 5.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 5.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 5.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 5.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 5.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 5.10 When crashing
- 6 See also
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Kodiak class command ships, made famous by Cmd. Michael McNeil during the second Tiberium War, are heavy gunships capable of shelling multiple ground targets simultaneously. Slow, but heavily armored, Kodiaks are valued for their ability to quickly destroy large formations of enemy ground units.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against vehicles, cannot target air. Can simultaneously attack up to 3 enemies in an arc. Flying.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Kodiak is the ultimate flying fortress in the GDI arsenal, having great health and ferocious damage against vehicles, even lighter infantry will fall quickly against the Kodiak's cannons. It is a hard counter to the Nod's Avatar. Ability to attack multiple targets at once makes it nigh impossible to overwhelm the Kodiak with lot of cheaper units.
The main weakness of the Kodiak are air-to-air units, like Banshees, which in group will take down a Kodiak fast. The average moving speed makes Kodiak unable to quickly respond to the situation on the battlefield, making it less useful on maps where pads are long way apart.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Speaks with a Slavic accent. No special idle animations.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-20: Cost increased to 130 (was 110)
- Balance update 2018-10-16: Health increased to 4000 (was 3000)
- Balance update 2019-03-13: Health decreased to 3465 (was 4000).
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Now has Raider.
- Balance hotfix 2019-06-06: Raider ability removed.
- Patch 1.6.0 2019-06-17: Kodiak is now able to use its side cannons without having to point its primary cannon at another unit.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Kodiak ready to fight!
- Kodiak primed!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Kodiak reporting
- This is Kodiak
- Kodiak gunship ready
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Kodiak taking off
- Course locked in
- Gunship reposition
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Eliminate them all
- They won't know what hit them
- I'll annihilate them!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Going to be tough, sir
- This will hurt
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Yes, commander
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- Cannot target
- Cannot follow orders
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- We've got this
- They don't stand a chance
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Gunship hit!
- Armor penetrated!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- Keep fighting!
- Going down!
See also[edit | edit source]
- Basilisk — Nod's counterpart.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Was given raider ability, but that was removed in the next balance patch since it was too powerful.
References[edit | edit source]