As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
220 per squad memeber
0.25 seconds (initial)
Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
|“||Laser squad, power and precision
- Laser Squad when rolling out of Hand of Nod
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Laser Squads are equipped with anti-air/anti-vehicle laser weaponry derived from Nod's fearsome Obelisk of Light technology.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Cheap and versatile, Laser Squad is effective against most early aircraft and armored vehicles. Two Laser Squads are effective even against early anti-infantry armor like Rhinos and Talons. Especially suited to counter early game rushes against harvesters by Attack bikes and Laser drone and can stop tanks in their tracks.
Works well with units which have long shooting range, like Giga-cannon and Artillery, where Laser Squads provide blocking and decent protection form mechanized units. In the early game they are often paired with Militants.
Most useful in the early game, when cost efficiency is most valuable. It can deal with most War Factory or Helipad units, but when population cap becomes the limiting factor, their effectiveness is diminished.
In the mid-game it's useful against heavy tank use, but will not hold well against late game vehicles and aircraft.
A similar unit in the Nod arsenal is the Scavenger, which has worse battle stats, but makes up for it by being able to generate Tiberium income.
It shares the same stats and abilities as the Missile squad.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Laser Squad is a staple unit and will find a place in most Nod decks worth their salt.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-06-28: Initial attack delay increased to 0.25 seconds (was 0.1 seconds)
- 2018-10-04: Damage vs. Infantry reduced to 35 (was 55)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Lasers, for the brotherhood!
- Laser squad, weapons charging
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Your command
- Lasers charged
- Laser squad, power and precision
- Laser squad, ready for anything
When moving[edit | edit source]
- His will moves with us
- Lasers move for the brotherhood
- As he desires
- Taking position
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Our lasers will melt them
- We'll hit them with precision
- Kill them all
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- We attack with power and precision
- As you command
- His will commands it
- We shall melt them
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- We die for the brotherhood
- We will be remembered!
- A glorious death
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Lasers have no impact
- Lasers futile, sir
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- For the brotherhood
- His will manifest
- Glory to Nod!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Taking fire!
- We're in trouble!
- Laser squad suppressed!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unit seems to be original design.
- Professional precision squad.
- When idle, rotates the guns around.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Laser squad next to a Flame tank, from the announcement trailer
See also[edit | edit source]
- Missile squad — GDI anti-armor infantry.
- Mutant marauder — heavy anti-armor infantry.
- Scavenger — similar unit with ability to generate income.
References[edit | edit source]