Lasher Light Tank
Main battle tank
65 (AP or RHINAPE when elite)
60 (50 when elite)
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing
Background[edit | edit source]
The Lasher, like most of Yuri's units, was mounted on a narrow chassis. Unlike most of Yuri's vehicles, the Lasher was a conventional tank. Mounted on the top was a light cannon, fairly effective against vehicles and buildings, but ineffective against infantry. The Lasher was equipped with a frontal drum-shaped, spiked cylinder, designed presumably to remove sandbags. However, the Lasher was indeed a light tank, and could not stand much punishment - yet was equal to that of an Allied Grizzly. The Lasher, like most Yuri vehicles, could enter a tank bunker to supplement its weak armor. Due to its fairly low price, it was easy to mass produce and overwhelm the more expensive tanks of the Soviets, an advantage that was negated if their enemy was equipped with an Industrial Plant.
The Lasher was erased after the Soviets meddled with the space time continuum.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
The Lasher is the same as the Grizzly tank, except the Lasher's gun projectile moves faster.
Like most conventional tanks, the Lasher light tank is vulnerable to all air units, and to uncrushable and anti-tank infantry, such as Tesla troopers, Guardian GIs and rogue Brutes. Lasher tanks could also be mind controlled by rogue Yuri Clones. In addition, it was Yuri's only dedicated anti-armor vehicle. Therefore, for all of its disadvantages, it was essential for Yuri's commanders to keep a division of these tanks not only for protecting their vulnerable mind-control units, but to defend their bases from enemy tanks should the base's mind control defenses fail.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When selected[edit | edit source]
- We will puncture through.
- Lasher tank ready.
- Yuri's tank division.
- Where is battle?[sic]
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Turn up the speed.
- Take me to frontlines.[sic]
- Yes, master Yuri.
- The hunt is on!
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- Gonna make some scrap metal!
- We can whip 'em!
- They will not escape!
- Bow to Yuri!
- Prepare for your lashes!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lasher Tanks with Elite status use the Tank Destroyer's firing sound, instead of its own.
- Due to an oversight by Westwood Pacific, the unused vanilla Red Alert 2 light tank barrel displays on the Lasher tank. That unit is also entirely overwritten in code and art in Yuri's Revenge, as the Lasher uses its "LTNK" label.
- The "Where is battle?" line was originally meant for moving, and the "The hunt is on!" line was originally meant for attacking.