Mammoth tank (Rivals)
|For other uses, see Mammoth tank.|
Dual 150mm cannons
Slow (~ 0.29 TPS)
Has secondary weapon: Missile Pod
|“||Let's have some fun!
- When moving to attack
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Mammoth Mk. III is the third generation of the GDI's imposing Mammoth Tank line. The heaviest of GDI's tanks, the Mammoth is equipped with dual 150mm smooth-bore cannons as well as dual anti-aircraft rocket pods.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Can attack while moving.
- Crushes infantry, killing them by moving over them.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Mammoth tank is the ultimate late game GDI unit. It literally crushes any infantry that stands in its way, in a 1v1 battle it beats all vehicles. It can can even attack air units, but not nearly as effectively as ground units. Combined with high health, it is incredibly difficult to remove and even if it succeeds, probably another Mammoth is already on its way.
Although tough as nails, Mammoth will eventually fall to sustained aircraft attacks, especially by a Basilisk. Therefore a good anti-air unit is required, for example, Hammerhead. Both of these units together lock down both ground and air. The Heroic charge ability allows Mammoth to get to the pads or harvesters in a more timely manner.
The main threat for Mammoth is the Nuclear missile itself. It takes a long time to acquire the necessary amount of Tiberium to field a single Mammoth Tank, all while contesting pads and protecting harvesters. If the map has three separate pads, the Mammoth can lock down a single pad, but will not be able to help contest the others. To counteract this weakness, Mammoth can just ignore the pads altogether and go for enemy harvesters (to finance an additional Mammoth tank) and then attack the base directly, provided that there is enough time to do so.
Mammoth tank cannot roll over infantry if there is a vehicle on the same tile. For example, Mutant marauders can attack the Mammoth with impunity so long as there are Cyberwheels moving back and forth though the marauder tile.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-07-11: Cost increased to 170 (was 150)
- Damage per shot increased to 1000 (was 800)
- Cost increased to 200 (was 170)
- Cost increased to 250 (was 200)
- Cost decreased to 230 (was 250)
- Turret turn speed increased to 200 (was 100)
- Damage vs. Vehicles increased to 2130 (was 2070)
- Anti-Air Attack Delay reduced to 0 (was 1 second)
- 2019-09-12: Health decreased to 6900 (was 7500)
- Speed increased to 3.95 (Slow) from 3 (Slowest)
- Damage increased to 2070 (was 2000)
- 2020-03-25: Cost increased to 250 (was 230)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Mammoth ready to roam
- It's show time!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Ready for action
- Mammoth tank primed
- Mammoth, waiting
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Mammoth, migrating
- I'm on it!
- Moving out
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Mammoth will crush them!
- Let's party!
- Let's have some fun!
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- No problemo
- You got it
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Big problemo
- Not happy about this
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Can't do it
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Crushing enemies!
- Gonna pound them!
- Erasing target
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Hasta la vista
- Mammoth in deep trouble
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When MG squad was introduced, the Mammoth could not roll over them once the nest was deployed. When paired with the Liang drone, the MG squad could single-handedly defeat the Mammoth.
- Initially the Mammoth could be tricked into attacking the aircraft with the cannons instead of missiles.
- Tank operator uses a lot of mammoth metaphors. Male.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Avatar — Nod's superunit
References[edit | edit source]