Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Mammoth tank (Tiberian Sun)
Background[edit | edit source]
After the First Tiberium War, these tanks were phased out of service in favor of the new Mammoth Mk. II walkers. Some of them were used as targets for weapons testing by GDI and Nod. The Forgotten also used several of these vehicles in their arsenal.
In-game[edit | edit source]
Mammoth tanks cannot be built, and only appear during certain campaign missions. Most notably, three Mammoth tanks can be found in Final Conflict, at an abandoned GDI base near the northwestern Nod base. Once approached, they can be controlled by the player.
In the Nod missions Sheep's Clothing (TS) and Mutant Extermination (FS), they appear as enemy units, being the heaviest vehicles used by the Forgotten. They are individually powerful, each capable of taking on two Tick tanks. However, they are few in number, and the Forgotten cannot construct more.
The Mammoth tank is armed with a pair of powerful cannons and anti-air missiles. It is also extremely durable and also has the ability to self-repair to 50% health (though it cannot do so if its health is less than 4%). Its greatest weakness is its very slow speed, which can leave it vulnerable to enemy artillery and stationary defenses.
Images[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Nov. 2, 2009. Mastodon. Electronic Arts. Nov. 2, 2009.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Nod mission 10: "Destroy Mammoth Mk.II Prototype".
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 10a: "Destroy Prototype Facility".
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm. Nod mission 4: "NOD 04:Mutant Extermination".
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 12: "Final Conflict".