Customizable support walker
Medium (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
$1400 (+100 for each segment)
18 (Rocket) with 400% scalar against aircraft (Disc Segment)
The Mechapede closely resembles a Terran millipede or centipede, though it is exponentially larger. Its speed is faster than even a Seeker, and can fire in any direction. However, it can not move in reverse.
|Spawn Shard Segment||Creates a Shard segment on the Mechapede that fires 3 Tiberium shards per salvo. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+A).|
|Spawn Toxin Segment||Creates a Toxin segment on the Mechapede. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+S).|
|Spawn Disintegrator Segment||Creates a Disintegrator segment on the Mechapede. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+F).|
|Spawn Disc Segment||Creates a Disc segment on the Mechapede that fires 5 shots. This is the only segment that can target aircraft. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+D).|
The Mechapede's "head" is the only part constructed at first; it has a weapon similar to the Scrin Disintegrators. Eight additional segments, of four varying types, can be added. Shard segments are powerful against enemy infantry (and unintentionally vehicles), disk segments can strike down enemy aircraft, the Tiberium segment has a similar weapon to the Corrupter and does a lot of damage against infantry who are not protected by ZOCOM Tiberium field suits, and a Disintegrator segment. These segments allow the Mechapede to be a versatile support unit. Like the Corrupter, its Tiberium toxin can not only heal other Scrin, but also heal itself. Multiple Scrin Mechapedes with four Shock Trooper plasma disk segments and four Disintegrator plasma cutter segments (not counting the head) can destroy a fully armed MARV in a matter of minutes. Although its huge population count, the Mechapede is the strongest non-epic Scrin ground unit in the game, the Reaper Tripod aside.
Destruction of the Mechapede body segments will not destroy the unit, as it can then rebuild more segments. The only way to totally destroy the unit is by targeting the head segment. It is impossible to gain infinite segments on the Mechapede.
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01:
- creating a decoy army of Mechapedes will no longer desync the game.
- disintegrator segment damage and range halved, corrupter segment range decreased 25%, range of disc segment increased 8%, Shard segment rate of fire improved significantly
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02: disintegrator segment range increased from 150 to 175; corrupter segment healing reduced by 66%; ravager segment range increased from 300 to 325
- Mechapedes do not follow rally points when set in a Warp Sphere or Warp Chasm. In fact, they do not even leave the portal when they are finished warping in, unlike other Scrin "vehicles". Instead, they instantly appear in front of said production buildings.
- In official versions of the game, the Mechapede's sections can change positions while moving.
- Its pre-release name was the Millipede, as seen in the Worldbuilder.