|Charles Barrowsmith |
Rapid assault general
|The following is based on content cut from Command & Conquer (2013) and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|“||Can't remember the last time I've faced a worthy opponent. You up to the task?
- Mercury Red
Background[edit | edit source]
General Charles "Mercury" Barrowsmith - Chaz to his friends - is the highest ranked enlisted man in the EU armed forces. Born into poverty in the working-class London district of Hackney, Barrowsmith grew up hard, his natural smarts, fast temper and anti-authoritarian bent drawing the attention of the law long before puberty.
Having acquired his first ASBO by age nine and his first formal juvenile detention by twelve it comes as little surprise to find sixteen year old Chaz at the head of a gang of like-minded street toughs, masterminding ambitious robberies and anti-police pranks in equal measure. When the law caught up, a perceptive judge saw Barrowsmith's potential and offered a choice of the army or jail time. Military pursuits proved to be a perfect focus for his anger and sharp intelligence, with Chaz rapidly rising through the ranks of the elite EU Rapid Assault Corps, the specialist group he leads to this day.
A drill sergeant by nature, "Mercury Red" is aggressive, smart, and has no patience for fools. He is also, as they say, the best in the business.
Arsenal[edit | edit source]
- Shock trooper squad
- Assault APC
- Gerhardt Krause
- Railgun squad
- Rocket squad
- Railgun tank
- Aegis tank
- MMG Turret
- Rocket Turret
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mercury Red was leaked on 4 June 2013 when the official Command and Conquer website was redesigned. The post and image were taken down soon after.
- Red mercury is a hoax substance of uncertain composition, supposedly capable of causing a nuclear reaction.
- The motto and crest on Mercury Red's arms are all references to Scottish clans:
- "Avise la fin" ("Consider the end") is the motto of Clan Kennedy.
- "Bydand" ("steadfast") and the stag's head are the motto and crest of Clan Gordon.
- "Aut pax aut bellum" ("Either peace or war") is the motto of Clan Gunn.
Gallery[edit | edit source]