Basic infantry scout
Composite body armor
130 per squad member
Provides vision up to 3 tiles away.
|“||Bring them to their knees!
- Militants attacking.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 Videos
- 11 See also
- 12 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Nod Militants are the Brotherhood's primary light infantry force. Militants are poorly trained and equipped but fight with fanatical zeal.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Provides vision up to 3 tiles away.
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Militant Squad is a cheap, fast infantry unit with sight range of 3, which allows them to quickly establish the opponent's game strategy. This makes them suitable for reconnaissance in the early game.
Being fast and cheap, Militants can be used to establish map control in the early game, but will become less useful in the late game, when population cap is at a premium and more effective anti-infantry units are available to the opponent. That being said, even in late game they can be useful since they can hold the pads behind the main fighting zone and can be used to come back from a disastrous skirmish, when the population cap is not a limiting factor.
Being a large squad, Militants can hold against slow firing, large damage units like Obelisk of Light, since it can only kill one squad member per shot. Militants tend to survive well against anti-armor attacks, allowing them to hold position and block vehicles until appropriate counters arrive.
The ability to see three tiles away allows Militants to explore further than non-scout units, allowing to adjust the battle plans sooner. This is especially true against blind double harvester opening. They can lift the cloaking on the Stealth tanks, although they can only do little damage to it.
Works well with Laser squad, since both units together are effective against infantry, vehicles and aircraft. Although Militants are not effective against vehicles, a pair of Laser Squad and Militants will take out War dogs twice as quickly than Laser Squad alone.
It shares the same stats and abilities as the Riflemen.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Riflemen are found in decks of all sorts, but they are especially useful in:
- Aggro decks: Riflemen are fast, which allows them to charge pads quickly. The long sight range allows to react faster to the developments on the battlefield.
- Tech decks: the cheapness of the Riflemen allows to stall the missile cost effectively and not to waste Tiberium on the more expensive units. Until the big guns come out at lest.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-07-03: Damage vs Vehicles reduced to 15 (was 30)
- Squad size reduced to 5 (was 6)
- Health increased to 120 (was 100)
- 2019-12-18: Damaged increased to 38 (was 30)
- 2019-07-02: HP increased to 130
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Fighters, arm up!
- The brotherhood is rising!
- Militia forward
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Destroy the GDI
- We're ready to serve
- What's needed?
- Militia here
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Let's go! Let's go!
- No stopping!
- For Kane!
- Taking position
- Brothers, move out!
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- For the brotherhood!
- The unbelievers will suffer!
- Bring them to their knees!
- Kill the unbelievers!
When moving to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Kill them all!
- Got it
- Let's do it!
- As you wish
When moving to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- Kill or be killed!
- We follow you
- The glorious death
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- Can't do it
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Nod will prevail!
- Rip them apart!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Avenge me, brothers!
- Taking fire!
- I see a light
- Save my soul!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Militants seem to be modeled after the Militant squad in Tiberium Wars.
- When idle, shoots into the air.
- Zealous fighters. Male.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In the early game version Militant squad contained 6 members, but it was reduced to 5 before the global launch.
Videos[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Riflemen — GDI basic infantry unit.
- Flame troopers — a more powerful anti-infantry unit.
- Cyberwheel — scouting unit in the War factory.
References[edit | edit source]