Mountain with palace complex
|“||Attack Mt. Fuji, Commander - show the Japanese people he is not a god, but flesh and blood.
Mount Fuji (富士山, Fuji-san, IPA: [ɸɯʥisaɴ]) is the highest mountain in Japan at 3,776 m (12,388 ft). Along with Mount Tate and Mount Haku, it is one of Japan's "Three Holy Mountains" (三霊山 Sanreizan).
Background[edit | edit source]
An active volcano that last erupted in 1707–08, Mount Fuji straddles the boundary of Shizuoka and Yamanashi prefectures just west of Tokyo, from which it can be seen on a clear day. It is located near the Pacific coast of central Honshū. Three small cities surround it: Gotemba (east), Fujiyoshida (north) and Fujinomiya (southwest).
Mount Fuji's exceptionally symmetrical cone is a well-known symbol of Japan and it is frequently depicted in art and photographs, as well as visited by sightseers and climbers.
History[edit | edit source]
War of the Three Powers[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
In the Soviet campaign, the palace was attacked by the Soviet forces with during the mission To Tame a Living God with one goal - assassinate the Emperor Yoshiro. A huge amount of Soviet infantry were air-dropped at the base of the mountain, but were massacred by the Imperial defenses before they could even land. Only a single Conscript and a War Bear survived. They avoided the guards patrolling the palace, created a diversion using explosives, and attempted to kill the Emperor in his own garden. However, they "Emperor" they killed was only a robotic decoy, and they were captured by Imperial forces soon after.
However, the failed assassination attempt distracted the Imperial forces long enough for the Soviets to establish a base there, as well as bringing in the Apocalypse tanks. Soon, the Soviet Commander and Nikolai Moskvin destroyed the bases of all three Imperial Commanders garrisoned there (Shinzo, Kenji and Naomi), rescued the heroic Conscript and the Bear, and destroyed the Generators that provided power for the Imperial defenses. Finally, they destroyed the Emperor's Palace.
Suddenly, a King Oni emerged from the ruins of the Palace. Inside the King Oni was Yoshiro, who decided to fight to the end. However, the King Oni was ultimately destroyed, and the Emperor was killed in battle.
Areas of interest[edit | edit source]
- Kenji's base: Located at the north-western corner of the palace ground.
- Naomi's base: Stationed at the north-eastern corner of the palace ground, near water.
- Shinzo's base: Located between the two other Imperial Commanders' base.
- Prison Camp: The conscript and bear were held there.
- Emperor's Palace: Yoshiro's residence, located at the foot of the mountain.
- Generators: A large installation composed of Instant Generators. Without these power plants, the Wave-Force towers protecting the Palace will go offline.
- Emperor's Garden: Yoshiro used a Decoy to lure his assassins into a trap here.