Obelisk of Light (Rivals)
|For other uses, see Obelisk of Light.|
Obelisk of Light
Anti-surface defensive structure
3 seconds (initial)
Cannot be deployed:
40 seconds until the first Obelisk can be deployed. 45 second cooldown after that.
Background[edit | edit source]
An anti-vehicle structure that can be constructed anywhere on your side of the battlefield, which can attack up to 2 tiles away. Loses health over time.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
This towering obelisk can deal significant damage to ground units, outright killing any infantry and the light armored vehicles. The Obelisk of Light is most powerful against heavy vehicles and expensive infantry, like Sandstorms and Zone troopers. It can deliver up to 7 shots in its lifetime.
If Tiberium income is not an issue, the Obelisk of Light can provide additional defender on the pads. It can only be built on the closer side of the map, which means it can't pressure the furthest pads.
When the Obelisk of Light begins to charge, it will fire at the target even if it moves out the Obelisk's attack range.
Although with fearsome stats, the Obelisk suffers from high price and weakness to infantry and aircraft. The damage to infantry is powerful, but can only target a single squad member at a time, meaning that squad of 5 Riflemen will take 5 shots.
The long reload speed means that even ground vehicles can do significant damage to the Obelisk when they are in great numbers. If the Obelisk survives the ground attack, timed life means it will fall sooner rather than later.
To increase the fire rate of the Obelisk, it can be paired with Fanatics. Their boost is affects structures as well.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Obelisk is now placeable -1 tiles from center-line (was -2)
- Damage increased to 2000 (was 1200)
- Death timer duration decreased to 45 seconds (was 60)
- Cost decreased to 120 (was 150)
- Damage vs Harvesters decreased to 1000
- Purchase cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30)
- Initial purchase cooldown increased to 45 seconds (was 30)
- 2018-11-28: Health reduced to 4000 (was 6000)
- Cost increased to 140 (was 120)
- Damage vs harvesters decreased to 500 (was 1000)
- 2018-12-18: Death timer duration decreased to 30 seconds (was 45)
- 2019-02-06: Stealth detection removed
- 2019-06-05: Cost decreased to 130 (was 140)
- 2019-09-12: HP increased to 5000 (was 4000)
- 2019-12-11: Reduced cost to 110 (was 130)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Minigun turret — GDI's defensive structure