4× Dragon TOW Rockets
50×4 against infantry
0.3 seconds (initial)
|“||Orca ready to hunt
- Orca when leaving the Helipad.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 5.1 When created
- 5.2 When selected
- 5.3 When moving
- 5.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 5.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 5.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 5.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 5.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 5.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 5.10 When dying
- 6 Videos
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Orca assault craft, with its distinctive dial ducked-jet propulsion systems, is GDI's primary close-air support gunship. Specialized for anti-vehicle operations, the Orca is equipped with dual Dragon TOW Rockets that can mete out heavy damage to Nod ground forces.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Effective against vehicles, cannot target air.
- Rapidly fires 4 rockets, then must reload.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
For Orcas the best defense is offense, and then running away. It can inflict significant damage quickly, but has little health and is very vulnerable during the reload phase.
Very effective at attacking long range trouble makers like Artillery (Rivals) and Giga-Cannon, even defended ones, since the Orca can fly over obstacles, and deliver the payload before being taken down. Useful to protect infantry from Chem Buggy and will do significant damage to medium armor units like Scorpion Tank (Rivals).
As with all burst damage units, it's vulnerable to baiting, so the commander has to micro manage it more than other units to get the best out of them.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Prefers to ambush. No idle animations.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-20:
- Reload time increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Movement speed reduced to 8 (was 9.2)
- Balance update 2018-11-06: Damage to Vehicles increased to 1020 per missile (was 1000)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06:
- Missiles increased to 4 (was 2)
- Damage decreased to 510 (was 1020)
- Balance update 2019-03-13: Health increased to 1210 (was 909)
- Balance update 2019-06-27: Reload time increased to 10 (was 8)
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Reload time decreased to 9 seconds from 10 seconds.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Orca ready to hunt
- Orca in the air
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Awaiting orders
- Orca ready for attack run
- Ready for action
- Missiles ready to fly
When moving[edit | edit source]
- You've got it
- Moving out
- I'm on it
- Clear skies
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Let's hit and run!
- We've got this!
- Let's get them!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- May take some heat
- Hunt might not go well
- Going to draw some fire
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Taking them down
- Setting up an attack run
- Orcas' missiles are primed
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- No can do
- Can't do that
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Raiders, stand a chance! (?)
- Missiles locked!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- We're under fire!
- Drawing some heat
- They've got a bit on me
- Pull back!
When dying[edit | edit source]
- Orca going down
- Not gonna make it
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Initially equipped with 2 missiles, but later upgraded four missiles each half as powerful to better deal with squad units like Attack bikes and Cyberwheels.
References[edit | edit source]