|For other uses, see Orca.|
4× Dragon TOW Rockets
0.3 seconds (initial)
Faster (~0.53 TPS)
|“||Orca ready to hunt
- Orca when leaving the Helipad.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 6.1 When created
- 6.2 When selected
- 6.3 When moving
- 6.4 When ordered to attack favorably
- 6.5 When ordered to attack unfavorably
- 6.6 When ordered to attack neutral
- 6.7 When ordered to attack unreachable target
- 6.8 When in favorable or neutral engagement
- 6.9 When in unfavorable engagement
- 6.10 When dying
- 7 Videos
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
The Orca assault craft, with its distinctive dial ducked-jet propulsion systems, is GDI's primary close-air support gunship. Specialized for anti-vehicle operations, the Orca is equipped with dual Dragon TOW Rockets that can mete out heavy damage to Nod ground forces.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Orcas are a fast-moving anti-vehicle aircraft. They deal burst damage and can take out light vehicles in an instant, but are very vulnerable during the reload phase.
Very effective at attacking long range troublemakers like Artillery and Giga-cannon, even defended ones, since the Orca can fly over obstacles and deliver the payload before being taken down. Useful to protect infantry from Chem buggy, and will do significant damage to medium armor units like Scorpion tank. It can even destroy a Slingshot, if it can find a beeline to it.
Although an offensive unit by nature, against light vehicles it performs great on defense. With two incoming Attack bike squads, the Orca can destroy ⅔ of them before they can launch their missiles. It can even take out the Stealth tank if it can keep a tile of pad between it and the tank.
The fragile nature of the Orca means it needs to be careful about the path it takes to its target. Flying over a Laser squad could mean a crash landing before a single rocket is fired. It won't be able to survive an attack against two defending Attack bikes. Any air-to-air unit is a considerable threat.
If a more sustained firepower is required, the Mohawk gunship is a more sturdy option.
As with all burst damage units, it's vulnerable to baiting, so the commander has to micromanage it more than other units to get the full value out of them.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Reload time increased to 8 seconds (was 6)
- Movement speed reduced to 8 (was 9.2)
- 2018-11-06: Damage to Vehicles increased to 1020 per missile (was 1000)
- Missiles increased to 4 (was 2)
- Damage decreased to 510 (was 1020)
- 2019-03-13: Health increased to 1210 (was 909)
- 2019-06-27: Reload time increased to 10 (was 8)
- 2019-07-31: Reload time decreased to 9 seconds (was 10)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Orca ready to hunt
- Orca in the air
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Awaiting orders
- Orca ready for attack run
- Ready for action
- Missiles ready to fly
When moving[edit | edit source]
- You've got it
- Moving out
- I'm on it
- Clear skies
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Let's hit and run!
- We've got this!
- Let's get them!
When ordered to attack unfavorably[edit | edit source]
- May take some heat
- Hunt might not go well
- Going to draw some fire
When ordered to attack neutral[edit | edit source]
- Taking them down
- Setting up an attack run
- Orcas' missiles are primed
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- No can do
- Can't do that
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- They don't stand a chance!
- Missiles locked!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- We're under fire!
- Drawing some heat
- They've got a bit on me
- Pull back!
When dying[edit | edit source]
- Orca going down
- Not gonna make it
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Modelled after the Orca Mk. I in Tiberian Dawn.
- Initially equipped with 2 missiles, but later upgraded four missiles each half as powerful to better deal with squad units like Attack bikes and Cyberwheels.
- In the loading screen image, the Orca has a machine gun, which it lacks in the game.
- Uses a lot of hunting metaphors. Female.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]