Ore refinery (Red Alert 3)
Prepping blueprints for expansion...
Ore refinery (Red Alert 3) is a stub and needs your help. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
2000 (Allied, Imperial)
BaseFactionStructureArmor (0% Melee, 0% Sniper, 100% Gun, 50% Auto Cannon, 100% Flak, 100% Rocket, 100% Cannon, 100% Concussive, 100% Prism, 100% Tesla, 125% Explosive, 0% Radiation)
Background[edit | edit source]
Ore Refineries are the main resource structures in Red Alert 3, and must be protected at all costs. Enemies(both human and the AI) tend to target these structures as their number 1 priority, as destroying it means less funds coming to their base.
From the appearance of the ore refinery, it suggests that the collected ore is smelted using a pool of unknown liquid and the refined ore is collected through the bottom of the pool.
Usage[edit | edit source]
These structures should be placed right in front of an Ore Mine for maximum collection efficiency. Upon placing an refinery, it automatically provides an Ore Collector for the commander.
All ore refineries can construct additional ore collectors as needed, this is most useful for Allied commanders, since their Prospectors can also be used for base expansion. Refineries can also be constructed on water.
If a Spy or a Shinobi infiltrates an ore refinery, they can steal up to 2000 credits from it. Therefore, they should be protected from enemy infiltrators by the use of Fortress Walls or other defenses.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Red Alert 3 beta patch 1.3:
- refineries now have a 30-second infiltration delay, to prevent players from spamming infiltrators.
- Imperial refineries now grant enough of a build radius to allow walling in.
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.05:
- reduced the power requirement for the Imperial refinery from 55 to 50.
- Allied refinery's sell price has been increased from 300 to 500.
- after the free trade power is purchased, additional numbers will now display from refineries indicating the power's benefit.