Oahu, Pacific Ocean
Empire of the Rising Sun (Red Alert 3)
Red Alert 2
Red Alert 3
Pearl Harbor is a major naval facility on the island of Oahu in the Hawaiian Islands.
History[edit | edit source]
Even though Albert Einstein had erased Adolf Hitler from the timeline, America was still engaged in the Pacific War with Japan between 1941 and 1945. The Arizona Memorial suggests this in Red Alert 2.
Third World War (first iteration)[edit | edit source]
The Soviet Union made an assault against the U.S. Naval Base in a bid to destroy the American Pacific Fleet. Despite heavy losses, including the destruction of all Allied forces on the island of Niihau, the Americans successfully repulsed the Soviet assault and went on to recapture Niihau.
In the non-canon Soviet mission Sub-Divide, a naval fleet dispatched from the Republic of Korea arrives; despite additional opponents, Soviet forces successfully eliminated the American Pacific Fleet, as well as the Korean navy for good measure.
Third World War (third iteration)[edit | edit source]
Due to Cherdenko's manipulation of time, Pearl Harbor is a Japanese naval base in the region of Hawaii, all of which actually under Imperial control and houses half of the Imperial Navy, and with good reason: Pearl Harbor contains artifacts of sacred Imperial value. It is ironic to think, then, that the Imperial Commander uses the Navy to defend Pearl Harbor from an Allied surprise attack in Operation: Graveyard of a Foolish Fleet.
Areas of interests[edit | edit source]
- Statues: The Imperials defended these statues of Yoshiro from the Allied attacks.
- Imperial base: The imperials base which is mostly southwest and southeast was built to stop the Allied raids.
- Harbors: The imperials defended the harbors that repairs the imperial ships from allied assault destroyers and aircraft carriers.
- Allied base: This base was located northeast and is heavily defended by multi gunner turrets and spectrum towers but were no match for the imperial shogun battleships.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Historically, the Imperial Japanese navy carried out a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, triggering American involvement in World War II.
- Interestingly, the USS Arizona Memorial is present in Red Alert 2, suggesting that Japan did attack Pearl Harbor at some point without the formation of the Axis Powers which was erased when Hitler was killed off in the first Red Alert.