|For aircraft in Command & Conquer (2013), see Phantom.|
Air superiority aircraft
0.1 seconds (initial)
Fastest (~0.67 TPS)
EMP missiles effect for 4 seconds: 50% reduced Attack Speed and Reload Speed, 30% Movement Speed and Turn Speed.
|“||Phantom ready to shut it down!
- Phantom when attacking
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Nod's Phantom air superiority fighter was developed as a response to GDI's increasing aerial dominance. The Phantom's missiles employ charged particle EMP generators. This allows the Nod fighter to slow down enemy aircraft, making their escape nearly impossible.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Attacks against aircraft slow their Attack Speed and Movement Speed.
- Can also attack the enemy base.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Phantom is a hit-and-run anti-aircraft unit that dominates the skies. It isn't designed for long fights, but to perform burst attacks against enemy aircraft before flying off to find another target. This burst damage allows them to take out lighter aircraft in a flash. Even if the target survives the attack, the EMP effect will significantly hamper it's ability to either fight of flee.
Phantom is a staple unit for decks with hard hitting units like Infernos, Avatars and Artillery. Phantom is well suited to various air decks. If the ability to target ground vehicles is required, alternatives are a Banshee and Stealth tank.
One awkward target for the Phantom is Drone Swarm — it has 5 drones in the squad and phantom has only 4 missiles, allowing the swarm to survive and hold pads.
If a Hammerhead survives the Phantoms volley of missiles then the Hammerhead will be able to shoot down the Phantom before it reloads.
Decks[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- 2018-10-26: Clip reload time reduced to 6 seconds (was 7.5)
- Health decreased to 1800 (was 2000)
- EMP duration decreased to 6.5 seconds (was 10)
- Reload time increased to 6.5 seconds (was 6)
- Damage increased to 720 (was 650)
- EMP duration decreased to 4 seconds (was 6.5)
- Health decreased to 1650 (was 1800)
- 2019-05-01: Cost increased to 110 (was 100)
- Damage vs. Aircraft increased to 755 (was 720)
- Cost reduced 100 (was 110)
- Damage to Aircraft per missile decreased to 378 (was 755)
- Damage to Structures per missile decreased to 450 (was 1000)
- Missile count increased to 4 (was 2)
- Attack speed per missile increased to 0.25 seconds (was 0.5)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Phantom ready to rain disruption
- Phantom is here!
- Phantom will shut the enemy down!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- EMP missiles ready
- Phantom awaiting target
- Phantom ready to engage
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Phantom moving to coordinates
- EMP missiles on the move
- Phantom flying out
When moving to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Setting up my attack run
- Phantom ready to shut it down!
- Delivering disruption from above
When unable to attack target[edit | edit source]
- No target lock
- Can't target that
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- Phantom targeting!
- Disrupting the enemy!
- Shutting them down!
When under attack[edit | edit source]
- Taking heat!
- Need to pull out!
- Phantom under fire!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- For Kane!
- Going down!
- Pull up!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Phantom was added to the game post-launch in September 2018.
- When moving, performs barrel roll. Female.
- Similar to Phantom in name only.
- The Phantom resembles the GDI Firehawk from Tiberium Wars.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|“||The Phantom is intended to help the competitiveness of Nod air strats and allow Nod a more direct counter to end game enemy air units.
Originally the unit was intended to be called Viper and had shorter hull.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hammerhead — GDI air superiority unit
References[edit | edit source]