Air superiority aircraft
378x4 against aircraft, 450x4 against structures
0.1 seconds (initial)
EMP missiles effect for 4 seconds: 50% reduced Attack Speed and Reload Speed, 30% Movement Speed and Turn Speed.
|“||Phantom ready to shut it down!
- Phantom when attacking
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 References
Background[edit | edit source]
Nod's Phantom air superiority fighter was developed as a response to GDI's increasing aerial dominance. The Phantom's missiles employ charged particle EMP generators. This allows the Nod fighter to slow down enemy aircraft, making their escape nearly impossible.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against aircraft, cannot target ground. Attacks against aircraft slow their Attack Speed and Movement Speed. Can also attack the enemy base.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
A master of hit-and-run tactics, the Phantom isn't designed for long fights. Rather, it is designed to perform burst attacks against enemy aircraft before flying off to find another target. This burst damage allows them to take out lighter aircraft in a flash, but if the target is still operational, it will take a while before it can be taken down completely.
One awkward target for the Phantom is Drone Swarm — it has 5 drones in the squad and phantom has only 4 missiles, allowing the swarm to survive and hold pads.
The relatively fragile hull makes it susceptible to ground-to-air units, especially Pitbull, that can track them down.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Professional, yet eager to fight. When moving, performs barrel roll.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-10-26: Clip reload time reduced to 6 seconds (was 7.5)
- Balance update 2019-12-06:
- Health decreased to 1800 (was 2000)
- EMP duration decreased to 6.5 seconds (was 10 seconds)
- Reload time increased to 6.5 seconds (was 6 seconds)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06:
- Damage increased to 720 (was 650)
- EMP duration decreased to 4s (was 6.5s)
- Health decreased to 1650 (was 1800)
- Balance update 2019-05-01: Cost increased to 110 from 100
- Balance update 2019-06-05:
- Damage vs. Aircraft increased to 755 (was 720)
- Cost reduced 100 (was 110)
- Balance update 2019-07-02:
- Damage to Aircraft per missile decreased to 378 form 755.
- Damage to Structures per missile decreased to 450 from 1000.
- Missile count increased to 4 from 2.
- Attack speed per missile increased to 0.25 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Phantom ready to rain disruption
- Phantom is here!
- Phantom will shut the enemy down!
When selected[edit | edit source]
- EMP missiles ready
- Phantom awaiting target
- Phantom ready to engage
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Phantom moving to coordinates
- EMP missiles on the move
- Phantom flying out
When ordered to attack favorably[edit | edit source]
- Setting up my attack run
- Phantom ready to shut it down!
- Delivering disruption from above
When ordered to attack unreachable target[edit | edit source]
- No target lock
- Can't target that
When in favorable or neutral engagement[edit | edit source]
- Phantom targeting!
- Disrupting the enemy!
- Shutting them down!
When in unfavorable engagement[edit | edit source]
- Taking heat!
- Need to pull out!
- Phantom under fire!
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- For Kane!
- Going down!
- Pull up!
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Phantom was added to the game post-launch in September 2018.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hammerhead — GDI air superiority unit
References[edit | edit source]