Red Alert 2 patch 1.005
| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Red Alert 2|
|6 June 2001|
Patch 1.005 for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 was released in June 2001, and was the final official patch that brought extensive changes, as version 1.006 was merely a hotfix.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
General changes[edit | edit source]
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Chrono IFV no longer loses its target when selecting a target further than his firing range. Now it moves within attack range and fires without losing focus at any moment.
- Modified official maps are not transferred over Internet games.
- If a player disconnects 3 times in one game for durations more than 25 seconds each, the game will finish and be awarded to the non-disconnector at the 3rd time.
- If walls or other buildings block the Soviet Barracks exit, no unit is built even if the user has a Cloning vat. The cost is refunded to the player.
- No other infantry units other than those with explosives can blow up buildings when joining to a Tanya command waypoint.
Westwood Online changes or feature additions[edit | edit source]
New Features[edit | edit source]
- NAT (Network Address Translation) and firewall support
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- In 4 player Internet games, Red Alert 2 now behaves correctly and continues the match with the remaining players when the host loses connection.
- The game now behaves correctly by continuing 4 player Internet games when the host gets disconnected from his ISP but is able to reconnect in time.
- In-game chat, whenever the user types a message longer than a screen width the text is transmitted and displayed properly.
FinalAlert 2 support[edit | edit source]
- Framework mode is now included.
- Allows raising and lowering of tile placement heights.
- Randomizes land tiles within the editor to improve open area aesthetics in the map.
- Fixes bugs for raising/lowering terrain. FinalAlert 2 used to create map holes that are very difficult to detect and fix. Framework mode helps with this a great deal also.
- Includes an indication of current terrain height.
- Includes an indication of current ore/gem count on map.
- Includes Uninstall
- Increased time allowed on Westwood Online to transfer maps between players. Now up to 3 minutes.
- Only allows FinalAlert 2 map sharing in non-tourney games.
- Allows sharing of map names.
- Includes random tree placement tool.
- Optimizes the FinalAlert 2 map load times, especially when there are lots of custom maps in the game folder.
- Red Alert 2 will not add starting spots to a FinalAlert 2 map if it has 2 or more predefined starting spots.
- Red Alert 2 now can now use maps created with FinalAlert 2 in all game modes.
- Allows map names to appear when using FinalAlert 2 (User created) maps.