Red Alert 3: Paradox
|Red Alert 3: Paradox|
|Latest version||Paradox Soviet and Allied Open Alpha 3.2 (November 24, 2012)|
|Engine||RNA Game Engine|
|Requirements||Red Alert 3 v1.12|
Red Alert 3 Paradox is a cancelled Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 mod created by Infinity Realms. Looking to expand the gameplay as much as possible, Paradox promised more than three times as many units as the original, with dozens of new units in the existing sides and five new major factions, as well as several minor, "reinforcement" factions.
The mod's cancellation was announced on 5 February, 2014, due to limitations of the RNA engine conflicting with the mod's design.
New content[edit | edit source]
The campaign would have continued where Red Alert 3 left off (with notable divergence from the canon storyline), with live action and CG cutscenes filmed in HD resolution.
New factions had been added:
- Confederate Revolutionaries: An armed resistance movement in the United States against the Allied Nations, formed in response to the death of President Ackerman and how the Allies forcibly took control of the US government in the aftermath. They make heavy use of salvaged Red Alert 1 era technology.
- Order of the Talon: An ancient order of crusaders that has secretly manipulated global events in the shadows for centuries, it is dedicated to hunting down and destroying the Cult of the Black Hand at all cost.
- Atomic Kingdom of China: A mysterious nation that rose from the ashes of the Chinese Civil War, which ended with a devastating nuclear exchange. The Atomic Kingdom considers all foreign powers to be enemies, and its long-term goal is to leave Earth entirely.
- Mediterranean Syndicate: An amoral collection of mega corporations with the largest private military force in the world, the Syndicate appears to be motivated purely by profit, though it also has a mysterious long-term agenda.
- Electrical Protectorate: Originally a group of Imperial nanomachines lost during a lab accident, they gained self-awareness and fell into a nihilistic depression after realizing that the death of the universe was inevitable. The Electrical Protectorate was formed after an escaped Soviet advisor named Jacob informed them that the universe can be reduced to an unchanging "Pure State". They intend to accomplish this goal by destroying the universe with a black hole.
- ARVN Rangers: The military force of South Vietnam, they are supported by the Allies, but frequently utilize inhumane weapons and tactics in order to hold out against the forces of NVA and Viet Cong. They can call in Allied Peacekeeper reinforcements.
- Allied Reservists: The combined national militaries of Allied member nations. Though less well equipped than the Peacekeepers, they are far more numerous and form the bulk of the Allies' defensive capabilities. They are based on the USA faction from Command & Conquer: Generals.
- National Revolutionary Army: The remnants of the Chinese KMT, they devolved into neo-feudal fiefdoms following the nuclear war. They can call in Indian Reservist reinforcements.
- Vietcong: A guerilla force backed by North Vietnam (and indirectly, the Soviet Union), despite their inferior weapons and technology, their experiences in fighting in the Vietnamese jungles make them a constant threat to the better armed and trained ARVN and Allied forces. They can call in NVA reinforcements.
- Communist China: The remnants of the People's Liberation Army, they devolved into bandit warbands following the nuclear war. They can call in North Korean reinforcements. They are based on the China faction from Generals.
- Global Liberation Army: A group of religious extremists led by various warlords aimed at the expulsion of all foreign interests from the Middle East. They can call in Saudi White Guard reinforcements. They are based on the organization of the same name from Generals.
- International Inc: The largest independent arms manufacturer in the world, the International Inc was responsible for the invention of the Mobile Construction Vehicle. They provide simple, yet robust weapons to anyone who could afford them, and also offer PMC services.
- Cult of the Black Hand: An ancient cult dedicated to spreading chaos and anarchy, believing that doing so would cause the return of their Messiah. They make wide use of various toxins and hallucinogenic chemicals. This faction was inspired by the Brotherhood of Nod.
Each faction had its own music (composed by Chris Feres and Sandro "FuzzY" Cacciotti) and gameplay. Dozens of new units for existing factions would have been added, expanding each to nearly twice the original arsenal size. These units, among other things, included the Anvil Heavy Tank (A repurposed Soviet RA1 Heavy Tank), the Hanzo Z (a average sized mecha equipped with a rifle and speed boosters) and the Heisenberg Assault Copter (an Allied helicopter that cannot be harmed whilst moving).
Versions[edit | edit source]
Minimods[edit | edit source]
- Achilles V1 (August 9, 2009)
- Achilles V2 (January 6, 2010)
- Achilles V2.1 (January 16, 2010)
- Achilles V2.2 (January 24, 2010)
- Achilles V3 (May 19, 2010)
- Apocalypse V1 (TBA)
Beta Releases[edit | edit source]
- Paradox 0.9 (July 4, 2010)
- Paradox 0.91 (July 13, 2010)
- Paradox 0.9.2 (November 26, 2010)
- Paradox 0.9.21 (December 3, 2010)
Open Alpha Releases[edit | edit source]
- Paradox Allied Open Alpha 1 (September 10, 2012)
- Paradox Allied Open Alpha 2 (September 14, 2012)
- Paradox Soviet and Allied Open Alpha 3.2 (November 24, 2012)