Red Alert 3 patch 1.05
| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
|Red Alert 3|
|4 December 2008|
Patch 1.05 for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 was released in December 2008.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
This patch for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 fixes several exploits and bugs, improves balance, provides assorted user interface enhancements, and more.
Balance changes[edit | edit source]
- During Skirmish and Multiplayer games, Engineers will now take several seconds to successfully capture a structure. During this time the Engineer will be vulnerable to attack.
- Reduced the power requirement for the Empire of the Rising Sun Refinery from 55 to 50.
- Reduced the cost of the Allied Harvester from 1400 to 1000.
- The Allied Refinery's sell price has been increased from 300 to 500.
- The Vindicator should now do 50% less damage versus Empire of the Rising Sun Cores.
- The Mecha Tengu's anti-air weapon damage has been increased from 15 to 23.
- The Vindicator and Century Bomber will now properly receive the additional ammo if grounded when Advanced aeronautics is purchased.
- Units in aggressive stance will now auto-acquire enemy Tank Busters in their spider holes.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get two infantry units out of a Power Plant when selling it.
- Construction Yards will now spawn an Engineer when destroyed.
- Construction Yards will now spawn an Engineer when sold on the water.
- Akula Subs will now be much easier to target as they surface to fire.
- The Soviet Ore Collector now has a proper cool down time on its secondary ability.
- The Soviet Super reactor will now damage aircraft when destroyed
- Fixed a bug where the Hammer tank was not receiving a damage increase on its Leech Beam after attaining veterancy.
- The King Oni will now perform a melee attack when attacking enemies nearby, which will also cause meta-damage to infantry.
- Fixed a bug where Hospitals were not healing infantry units garrisoned inside vehicles.
- The Shogun will now properly fire all of its laser cannons when automatically attacking structures in aggressive stance.
- The Hammer Tank will now receive health when using its Leech Beam against an enemy that has Point Defense Drones.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get the Sky-wing to land on dry land.
- The map reveal from Observation Posts is no longer obstructed by various terrain heights.
- Engineers targeted with Cash Bounty will no longer provide funds when the engineer captures a structure.
- The Apocalypse Tank can now properly change targets when using its Magnetic Harpoon ability.
- Fixed an exploit where the Javelin Soldier could remain fully locked onto their target even after moving.
- Fixed a bug where the Terror Drone would maintain its Stasis Ray even though it switched to Dismantler Claws.
- Fixed an exploit where players could create more than 4 docking aircraft per airfield or airbase.
- Fixed an exploit where players could change faction right before the game countdown finished.
- Fixed an exploit where players could disconnect from games and still gain benefits to their record.
- In 2v2 team games, team mates will always start next to each other.
- Fixed exploits where the starting game countdown wouldn't stop if a player changed game parameters in the final second.
User interface enhancements[edit | edit source]
- Added several Co-op lobbies to the lobby list.
- Added the ability to see a player's stats in the online lobbies. By hovering over a player's name, this will display a summary of that player's wins, losses, and rank.
- Vertical sliders in the menus can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel.
- Added the Broadcast option under the Rules Tab for Custom online matches.
- When players change map size in the game setup screen, the appropriate number of slots will be opened.
- The custom match lobby list will now display icons for Clan, VOIP, Custom Map, and Passworded games in the Status column.
- Added the proper Observer panel when observing online matches.
- Added the ability to Whisper to players in different lobbies.
- Players can now see Whispers while in the Game Setup screen of an online match.
- The host of a Co-op campaign match will now receive a notification when they send an invite to other players.
- When editing hotkeys or VOIP settings, they will now only be changed for the current active profile.
- The player will no longer be kicked back to the main menu after entering an incorrect password for an online game.
- At least two extra mouse buttons can now be assigned to commands in the Custom Hotkeys screen.
- Added a visual indicator in-game to display whether a player is using Team or Global VOIP chat.
- Players will now receive a message that the lobby is full when attempting to join a full lobby.
- Added a refresh button onto the custom match lobby screen.
- Added more details into the invite request a player has received.
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug where Burst Drones were not inflicting damage when activating their secondary ability before attaching to a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar for structures was not displaying when their production was paused.
- Fixed a bug where the Terror Drones were receiving a garrison cursor when hovering over civilian buildings in the shroud.
- If the Stingray uses its secondary ability on water and then moves onto land, the ability button will now properly display the cooldown time.
- Fixed a bug where corrupted graphics would display when issuing Planning Mode commands extremely close to the selected unit.
- Fixed a bug where Spies would retain the Tesla effect after using Bribe while disguised as a Tesla Trooper.
- The Mission Menu map will now properly display bridges.
- The Riptide ACV will now properly fire its torpedoes when force firing in the water.
- A Terror Drone will now properly grey out the unpack command of an enemy unit affected by the Stasis Ray.
- Fixed a bug where units would potentially warp when being disengaged from an enemy Apocalypse Tank's magnetic harpoon.
- A Reverse Move command will no longer be cancelled when a non-movement secondary ability is toggled midway through the move command.
- Fixed a bug where the King Oni wouldn't do any damage with its Bull Rush if used before reaching its build waypoint.
- Empire of the Rising Sun vehicles can no longer transform through bridges.
- Fixed a bug where Empire of the Rising Sun cores were not unpacking if the player saved a game while the core was moving to its destination.
- Fixed a bug where hosting or joining a multiplayer match was causing your VOIP settings to default to Voice-Activated.
- Fixed a bug where VOIP settings were being set back to default after finishing a game.
- Torpedoes will no longer follow amphibious units onto land.
- Fixed a bug where the Twinblade would sometimes go underground when attempting to pick up passengers.
- Fixed a bug where the Terror Drone would sometimes have difficulty garrisoning inside a Twinblade.
- Fixed stability issues with joining, leaving, and re-joining network games.
- The research of Heightened and Max Clearance can now be continued after being paused.
- Twinblades will no longer be damaged when picking up a vehicle infected with a Terror Drone.
- Fixed an issue where aircraft would go underground when landing at their airfield or airbase.
- The Apocalypse Tank will now display its grinder effects on Medium and lower LOD
- Fixed a bug where your Co-commander's MCV would sometimes fail to unpack after destroying the Tesla Coils in mission Allied 03.
- Fixed a desync for when an observer toggled between players in an online match.
Other changes[edit | edit source]
- Added DRM Deauthorization into both the launcher and Options menu in-game. Clicking the "Deauthorize" button will deauthorize the computer from playing Red Alert 3, allowing players to run the game on a different computer. Restarting the game on the original computer will reauthorize Red Alert 3 on that machine.
- Added status pips for units being healed by Hospitals.
- The Bullfrog can now target an area for passengers to be ejected even if that area is currently out of range.
- After the Free Trade power is purchased, additional numbers will now display from refineries indicating the power's benefit.
- Infantry will now play a meta-impact animation when hit with V4 rockets.
- Tanya will now receive a C4 cursor when hovering over enemyvehicles and ships.
- The Chrono Rift/Chasm/Fissure powers have had their portraits updated to better reflect the functionality of the powers.
- Commando units will no longer receive a garrison cursor when hovering over Ore Nodes and tech structures under the fog-of-war.
- Chrono Rifted units can now be selected by control group number after warping back in.
- Valid structures will now receive a rally point mouse cursor when hovering over bridges.
- Conscripts, Peacekeepers, and Imperial Warriors will now receive a counter-garrison cursor when hovering over valid civilian structure targets.
- The Yari Mini-Sub will now reliably hit Yuriko with its secondary kamikaze ability.
- Added Ammo Pips for respective units into their portrait.
- Units with the disguise ability will now display a unique disguise cursor when hovering over valid disguise targets.
- Burst Drones that are attached to units will now show up on the mini-map.
- Vehicles that have been pilot sniped can now be crushed appropriately.
- Added a sound effect for placing camera bookmarks.
- Added a sound effect for the game countdown timer
- Added Victory/Defeat music to the end of a multiplayer match.
- Improvements to how stats are tabulated in the post-game summary.
- Improved the overall AI management of Harvesters.
- Improved the push-to-talk functionality of VOIP while playing a Co-op campaign mission.
- Power Plants will now turn dark when infiltrated by an enemy unit.
- The Athena Cannon will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic veterancy.
- The Dolphin will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic veterancy.
- The Striker VX will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic Veterancy.
- The Sky-wing will receive unique firing effects when it achieves Heroic Veterancy.
- The wrench repair icon will now display on structures that are being repaired by your co-commander.
- Infantry units will now correctly evacuate from a transport vehicle that has been pilot sniped by Natasha.
- Replays will now provide users with a Telestrator.
- Added descriptive text for the "Destroy the Generators" bonus objective in campaign mission Allied 05.
- Added an extra health bar to the Athena Cannon to indicate the strength of its shield and/or point defense drones.
- The first unit selected for Chrono Swap will now have an icon denoting its selection.
- Infantry units will now fall to the ground when killed while parachuting.
- Expanded the variety of animations for Yuriko Omega.
- Added several people to the game's credits.
- Fixed various typos and made certain dialog messages more clear.
- Various other bug fixes.
Download mirrors[edit | edit source]
- Patches-Scrolls.com (all languages)