Red Alert 3 patch 1.08
|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
|Red Alert 3|
|9 March 2009|
Patch 1.08 for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 was released in March 2009.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
This patch for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 adds support for predefined teams in 2v2 automatch, fixes several exploits and bugs, improves balance, provides assorted user interface enhancements, and more.
Balance changes[edit | edit source]
- Parachuting drop speed has been increased.
- Aircraft Return To Base speed boost reduced to 25% from 50%.
- Allied Vindicator (un-upgraded) reload time increased to 10s from 5s
- Allied Vindicator (upgraded) reload time increased to 7s from 3.5s.
- Allied Apollo speed reduced to 225 from 250.
- Allied Apollo now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the MiG, Tengu, and other Apollos.
- Allied Apollo ammo reduced by 25%.
- Allied Century Bomber reload time increased by 50%
- Allied Multigunner Turret (un-garrisoned) damage versus infantry reduced by 50%.
- Allied Multigunner Turret (Peacekeeper garrisoned) has had its accuracy increased.
- Allied IFV cost reduced to 800 from 900.
- Allied Aircraft Carrier drone health doubled.
- Allied Assault destroyer build cost reduced to 1500 from 1800.
- Japan Burst drone vulnerability to FLAK & AUTO CANNON damage reduced by 25%.
- Japan Imperial warrior armor penalty while Banzai Charging removed.
- Japan Balloon Bomb reload time now increases based on its level.
- Japan Final Squadron reload time now increases based on its level.
- Japan Enhanced Kamikaze damage done to friendly units reduced by 50%
- Japan Defender-VX base defense unpack time halved.
- Japan Defender-VX base defense transform cool-down time reduced to 2 seconds from 15.
- Japanese production structures (Barracks, Naval Yard, War Factory) gain 25% health with each tech level purchased.
- Japan Barracks Egg cost decreased to 500 from 750.
- Japan Barracks T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan Power Plant cost reduced to 800 from 1000.
- Japan Naval Yard T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan War Factory T3 upgrade build time reduced to 30s from 60s.
- Japan Mainframe Core build cost decreased to 2500 from 3000.
- Japan Mainframe Core unpack time increased to 30s from 16s.
- Japan Shogun Battleship health reduced to 1500 from 2000.
- Soviet Bullfrog Man-Cannon launch speed increased.
- Soviet Conscript gun damage increased by 25%.
- Soviet Tesla Trooper pre-attack delay reduced by 1 second.
- Soviet MiG speed reduced to 210 from 225.
- Soviet MiGs now twice as vulnerable to attack from units other than the MiG, Tengu, and other Apollos.
- Soviet Ultratorpedo damage reduced to 300 from 400. Damage now tapers to 100 at the edge of the blast radius.
- Soviet Twinblade health reduced to 500 from 600.
User interface enhancements[edit | edit source]
- 2v2 auto-match now allows players to specify a team mate for ranked 2v2 matches.
- Added support for Elo ratings, a score that starts at 1500 and rises or falls based on wins and loses. This allows players to more accurately gauge their opponents' skill level.
- Auto-match now allows players to specify how much their opponents' rating may differ from their own, ensuring competitors are adequately similar in skill.
- Your personal ladder rank and rating for both 1v1 and 2v2 ranked games is now displayed on the auto-match screen.
- All players' ladder ranks are now displayed on the loading screen.
- Added 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 lobbies.
- Added "Player Defeated" audio events for games involving 3 or more players
- The friends list is now sorted alphabetically.
- Clicking a player's name in a multiplayer lobby will now start a whisper to that player.
- Hovering over a player's name in a multiplayer lobby will now also display that persons 1v1 rating.
- Modified the text displayed after a player disconnects to advise that grievances be filed in the sticky thread at the official Red Alert 3 forums.
- The multiplayer login screen will now remember your last successful username and online ID.
- The game will now check for patches at startup, and not just when playing multiplayer.
- There is now a fast forward button in replays (the '>' key will still work as well)
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug that would cause ore collectors to stop gathering when a building with repair drones was placed while the collector was docked at the ore node.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash when left idle in a high population online lobby for an extended period of time.
- Fixed a bug that caused garrisoning units to follow a twinblade from the ground if a stop command was given to the twinblade during the garrison.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed walls and wall hubs to be built on spaces occupied by enemy infantry.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed multiple walls to be built simultaneously.
- Fixed an exploit that granted credits and an engineer without destroying the MCV when sold.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Allies to build instantly via cryocopter and chrono rift.
- Fixed a desync that may have occurred while loading an online co-op game.
Other changes[edit | edit source]
- Updated the credits.
Download mirrors[edit | edit source]
- Patches-Scrolls.com (all languages)