Red Alert 3 patch 1.11
|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
|Red Alert 3|
|25 June 2009|
Patch 1.11 for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 was released in June 2009, despite the changelog being mistakenly set to May 2009. This was the final patch that brought extensive changes, as patch 1.12 was merely a hotfix.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Added two new maps for skirmish and online play: Spring Fever (2 player) and Blitzen's Back (4 player). (These maps were previously introduced in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising)
Balance Changes: Global[edit | edit source]
- Garrison Range bonus reduced to 75% from 100%.
- Walls and Structures no longer block line of sight while being constructed.
- Parachute drop time increased.
- Oil Derricks now explode when destroyed. Keep your distance.
- Observation Post health increased to 10000 from 3000.
- Due to the recent downturn in the global economy, all Super Weapons are now half price.
- Anti-infantry vehicles (Riptide, Jet Tengu) vulnerability to GUN damage (Peacekeeper, Conscript, Imperial warrior) now reduced to 25% from 50%.
- The Top Secret Protocols have been reordered for all three factions.
Balance Changes: By Faction[edit | edit source]
- Allied Javelin soldier cost reduced to 300 from 400.
- Allied Aircraft Carrier drone speed increased to 225 from 150.
- Allied Aircraft Carrier drones no longer give large amounts of XP when killed.
- Allied Aircraft Carrier reload time reduced to 10s from 15s.
- Allied Assault destroyer Black Hole Armor bonus increased to 35% from 25%.
- Allied Outpost now gains additional health when upgraded (25% per level).
- Allied Athena cannon no longer requires line of sight to attack. It can fire over walls now!
- Allied Cryocopter health reduced to 650 from 750.
- Allied Chrono Rift cast delay reduced to 1s. Rift time changed to 5s, 10s, and 15s, depending.
- Allied Defense bureau build time increased to 30s from 10s.
- Special Agent Tanya Adams now requires the Defense Bureau to be built.
- Allied Apollo Fighter heath increased to 300 from 250.
- Allied Chronosphere now requires the Defense Bureau to be built.
- Soviet Hammer tanks can no longer leech while moving.
- Soviet Apocalypse Tank grinder damage halved.
- Soviet Flak Trooper cost increased to 400 from 300.
- Soviet structures will no longer refund 100% of their cost if canceled after taking damage. Refund value reduction is equivalent to the damage taken by the building.
- Soviet Super Power Plant energy production reduced to 350 from 500.
- Soviet Super Power Plant will no longer explode if it is destroyed before it has completed building.
- Soviet Stingray health increased to 450 from 360.
- Soviet Dreadnought missiles now scatter against units.
- Soviet MiG Fighter health increased to 240 from 200.
- Soviet Iron Curtain now requires the Battle Lab to be built.
- Japan MCV build radius increased to facilitate wall building.
- Japan Jet Tengu now much less deadly against each other in air form.
- Japan Tsunami tank now auto-heals while its secondary ability is active.
- Japan Honorable Discharge power no longer deals any friendly fire.
- Japan King Oni health increased to 3000 from 2250.
- Japan Emperor's Rage powers now limit the speed debuff to 75% for all levels.
- Japan Wave-Force Artillery no longer requires line of sight for attacking. It can shoot through walls, buildings, and anything else dumb enough to get in front of it.
- Japan Naginata cruiser Spread-Torpedo damage halved.
- Japan Naginata Cruiser health reduced to 1200 from 1400.
- Japan Shogun Battleship speed reduced to 50 from 75.
- Japan Shogun Battleship cannons now properly scatter against other units.
- Japan Shogun Battleship rate of fire now reduced by 40%.
- Japan Point-Defense Drones now have an expiration time of 2 minutes.
- Japan Final Squadron power damage reduced in accordance with the new power tree design.
Balance Changes: Vision[edit | edit source]
- Vision changes were incorporated from Red Alert 3: Uprising in order to improve unit behavior.
- Allied Multigunner turret vision range increased to 310 from 300.
- Allied Prism Tower vision range increased to 360 from 350.
- Allied Hydrofoil vision range increased to 325 from 300.
- Allied Javelin Soldier vision range increased to 200 from 175.
- Allied Guardian Tank vision range in Target Painter mode increased.
- Special Agent Tanya Adams' shroud clear range increased to 500 from 400.
- Soviet Apocalypse Tank vision range in Harpoon mode increased.
- Soviet Hammer Tank vision range in Leech mode increased.
- Soviet Terror Drone vision range in Stasis Ray mode increased.
- Soviet base defenses' vision ranges increased slightly.
- Soviet Bullfrog vision range increased to 325 from 300.
- Soviet commando vision range increased to 175 from 150.
- Japan Sea-Wing vision range increased to 225 from 200.
- Japan Tengu vision range increased to 225 from 200.
- Japan commando vision range increased to 175 from 150.
- Japan Commando shroud clear range increased to 500 from 400.
User Interface Enhancements[edit | edit source]
- Players who choose random in online play will now have their faction hidden on the "escape" screen during the match.
- The wait time to kick an online player with a bad connection has been reduced to 30 seconds (from 60).
- Players who are not on your friends list can no longer whisper you while you're in a match.
- Rally points can be reset on airfields by right clicking on the airfield while it is selected.
- PC Users can now customize right click scroll speed by adding the following command line argument: -dragTolerance # (where # = distance in pixels, typically a number from 1 – 50).
- Interface lag (irresponsiveness between clicks and keyboard commands) has been reduced.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- EVA announcements will no longer play when a disguised spy enters your base.
- Made several improvements to the way garrisoned buildings and captured structures are reported through shroud (in game and on the radar).
- Integrated several AI improvements from Red Alert 3: Uprising.
- The Apoc Tank can no longer move while harpooning.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Allied airfields from building the appropriate number of aircraft in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that prevented units from attacking enemies with very low health.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Soviet Crusher crane to be captured by an engineer without the 3-second capture delay.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Soviet players to cash bounty their own deployed MCV and then get a refund by selling it.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Mirage Tank and Tsunami Tank's secondary abilities to still function when under the effect of an Aircraft Carrier's blackout missile.
- Fixed a bug that allowed structures to be placed on top of Tesla Troopers in their secondary mode.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented veteran Guardian Tanks from painting targets correctly in their secondary mode.
- Fixed a bug that allowed certain units to be frozen despite being under the effects of an Iron Curtain or Chrono Rift.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain textures to display incorrectly when playing multiple, different community-made maps in succession.
- Chrono Swap no longer allows you to move non-amphibious units from land to water.
- The Shinobi's secondary ability now correctly causes all enemy units who are actively targeting him to lose their target.
- While inside a Nanoswarm, the Apoc and Riptide can now properly attack other units within the Nanoswarm.
- Enemy tanks with the Terror Drone Surprise upgrade will no longer spawn a Terror Drone when killed by Tanya, as this would kill her instantly.
- Desolator strikes and Chronospheres will no longer affect repair drones.
- Time bombs can no longer be cast on walls.
- Amphibious units may now be sent into a friendly Crusher Crane on land or at sea.
- Structures that were under repair when captured will no longer be under repair for the new owner.
- If a player has multiple Twinblades selected but not all are garrisoned, pressing the secondary ability button will now only cause the garrisoned Twinblades to descend.
- Blocked an exploit that gave the Bullfrog’s secondary ability (the man cannon) unlimited range.
- Blocked an exploit that allowed the Javelin to remain locked-on while moving or when the target goes out of range.
- Blocked an exploit that allowed unlimited camera zoom-out in online play.
- Blocked an exploit that gave a Hammer Tank unlimited Toxic Corrosion.
Download mirrors[edit | edit source]
- Patches-Scrolls.com (all languages)