Repair drone (Rivals)
35 seconds after purchase
Heals 5 every .25 sec + 3.33% hp (3% for infantry)
Cannot be deployed:
|“||Repair drone airborne
- Repair drone when deployed
Background[edit | edit source]
Heals adjacent allies for a percent of their maximum health every second. Loses health over time.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Primary purpose of the drone is to heal friendly units. It is less effective at healing squad units, since it cant bring back to life fallen units. But is very effective when paired up with high HP units, like Sandstorm.
It seems to be able to repair seemingly unlimited number of units, so it is especially effective when it supports a large number of stacked units.
The fast movement and the quick deployment time means that the drone is capable of flipping or stalling the missile in the critical moments in the game. To deal with this, pads (especially the seemingly safe ones) should be held by units with anti-air capabilities, like Laser squads.
Repair drone does not consume a population slot.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-20: Cost reduced to 60 (was 80).
- Balance update 2018-06-28:
- Repair Drone full heal time decreased to 20 seconds (was 30).
- Repair Drone now heal infantry for an additional 100 hp / second.
- Balance update 2018-07-03: Full heal time increased to 30 seconds (was 20).
- Balance update 2019-03-13: Cost decreased to 40 (was 60).
- Balance update 2019-07-02:
- Uptime reduced to 26 seconds (was 30).
- Healing to Infantry reduced to 3% (was 3.33%).
- Drone health increased to 650 (was 500).
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Cooldown increased to 35 (was 30).
- Balance update 2019-09-12: Drone cost increased to 50 Tiberium (was 40).
- Balance update 2019-12-11:
- HP reduced to 430 (was 650).
- Reduced cost to 40 (was 50).
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When created[edit | edit source]
- Repair drone airborne
- Flight mode activated
- Repair systems operational
- Drone operational
When selected[edit | edit source]
- Repair drone ready for input
- Soaring overhead
- Circling the battlefield
- Drone awaiting data
When moving[edit | edit source]
- Drone moving to location
- Moving to coordinates
- Drone in motion
- Calculating shortest route
- New coordinates locked in
When ordered to attack[edit | edit source]
- Drone contains ... zero weaponry
- Attack ... not possible
- Unable to comply
- Drone cannot attack
When in engagement[edit | edit source]
- Calculating damage
- Drone under hostile fire
- Flight systems compromised
When crashing[edit | edit source]
- I see a light
- My soul!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Repair drones were used by both factions in Tiberium Wars.
- Equipped with stolid, seemingly sapient AI, that seem to think it has a soul.
References[edit | edit source]
- Unit statistics spreadsheet
- In game it's actually 27 seconds