Resources (Tiberian Twilight)
The resource system of Tiberian Twilight is very different from previous games. There is no Tiberium, base power (in the tradition sense) nor credits. In the absence of money the resources are build time, command points, player attention and power projection.
- Build Time is now the main limiting factor and time is the main resource used when constructing units. This is due to the absence of credits, limited construction capability (due to the Crawler system) and longer build times than previous games.
- Command Points (CP) function as a unit cap preventing unit spam. All units cost CPs but there's a fixed maximum number of CP that a player can have.
- Player Attention is considered another resource since micro and abilities are more important and the player can only be one place at a time.
- Power Projection refers to how much of the map you can control. Given the limited number of units it's important to carefully choose which areas to control, defend or attack.
- Power Limit - This functions in the same manner as Command Points except it only applies to structures rather than units. Naturally, only the Defense Class needs to be concerned with this.
- Research Points - Gained by gathering Tiberium crystals. Used for purchasing upgrades and upgrading to the next unit tier. Two points are gained for a blue crystal while green only provides one unit.
- Support Points - Used to access support powers