Rivals balance update 2019-07-02
|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
|Rivals balance update 2019-07-02|
|02 July 2019|
|Balance update 2019-06-27|
|“||We really hope this change to Tech Lab and Temple of Nod units will diversify your gameplay. For the players who run mostly Tech units, gameplay will not change for you. For those who splash in Tech or had difficulty doing so before, opportunities are coming your way. Please try it out, do some experimenting, and leave your feedback on the forums or Discord for us to re-balance the game to suit your needs!
- Dev Note
General[edit | edit source]
- Cost to build Tech Lab / Temple of Nod increased to 150 Tiberium.
- Building any building other than the Tech Lab/Temple of Nod will reduce their cost by 30 Tiberium per building.
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
GDI[edit | edit source]
APC[edit | edit source]
- Hitbox adjusted to allow APC to capture hexes more easily.
This is to address a bug that slipped under the radar where APC was incapable of capturing hexes and body-blocking as easily.
- Attack speed increased to 1.6 from 1.7.
Simple Hammerhead buff.
Liang[edit | edit source]
- Uptime reduced to 26 seconds from 30 seconds.
- Healing to Infantry reduced to 3% from 3.33%
- Drone health increased to 650 from 500.
Having 100% uptime felt oppressive in combination with certain units so we created a window of opportunity for enemy player as well as giving the drone a bit more survivability.
- Charge delay increased to .75 from .1
- Attack Lock On Timer increased to .75 from 0.
Pitbull was performing too well at all tiers and especially so at high tiers; this change should affect most the high tier players. Attack Lock On is how long the unit needs to stay locked onto the target, indicated by the read beam, in order to fire its shot off.
- Damage to Vehicles increased to 19 from 15.
- Damage to Aircraft increaded to 50 from 45.
It as losing too handedly to its hard counters compared to other Tech units.
- Attack speed doubled to 1.5 from 3.
- Damage to Vehicles reduced to 340 from 620.
- Damage to Infantry reduced to 75 from 125.
Nod[edit | edit source]
- Attack damage to vehicles reduced to 555 from 1110.
- Attack speed increased to 1.72 from 3.44.
- Damage to infantry reduced to 120 from 180.
An overall buff to the Centurion as it wasn't holding its ground well enough compared to other Tech units.
- Damage to Air increased to 45 from 40.
- Attack speed increased to 1.5 from 2.
- Damage reduced to 340 from 400.
- Attack speed increased to 1.2 from 1.5.
- Damage vs. Vehicles increased to 92 from 80.
- Damage vs. Harvesters reduced to 68 from 72.
- Vision increased to 3 form 2.
Improves the combat capabilities of the Laser Drone without it feeling oppressive as a Harvester hunter.
- HP increased to 130
This will help fix breakpoints in the Militant vs. Militant matchup. We forgot it before, sorry!
- Damage to Aircraft per missile decreased to 378 form 755.
- Damage to Structures per missile decreased to 450 from 1000.
- Missile count increased to 4 from 2.
- Attack speed per missile increased to 0.25 seconds from 0.5 seconds.
This will help the Phantom deal with squad units better and keep all other interactions approximately the same.
- Attack Delay increased to 0.15 seconds from 0.
- Attack Speed reduced to 4 seconds from 3.45 seconds.
- HP reduced to 280 from 320.
The Scavenger might have been a bit above our expectations above release. Here's a tune down to what we think will be more reasonable levels.
References[edit | edit source]
- Captain Benzie, 31 July 2019. July Balance Patch! Pitbulls, Phantoms, and Tech Rework?!. Youtube. Last accessed: 10 December 2019.
- 13lade, 03 July 2019. C&C Rivals Early July Balance Analysis. Youtube. Last accessed: 10 December 2019.