Heavy anti-ground vehicle
2 (1 when borrowed)
Resurfacing damages all adjacent units.
|“||The best Rockworm is a surprise Rockworm. Unless you're GDI.
- Unit blurb
The Rockworm is a Nod tech unit in Command & Conquer: Rivals. It is a large worm-like mechanism that cannot be damaged while moving underground, and when it does surface, it deals considerable damage to ground units. It takes 2 seconds to burrow.
Background[edit | edit source]
Based on technology developed for the infamous Montauk subterranean transport, the Rockworm is a symbol of Nod's mastery of burrow technology. The Rockworm's terrifying size and razor-sharp cutting teeth can reduce even the heaviest GDI armor to shreds in seconds.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Strong against vehicles, can attack infantry, cannot attack air. Moves underground. Deals splash damage. Deals damage to all adjacent ground units upon unborrowing.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Rockworms are a heavy anti vehicle unit that no ground unit can take down easily. Given an opportunity it will take down a Mammoth Tank in three bites. Squad vehicles like Attack Bikes and Cyberwheels will go down in a single bite due to the splash damage. Even infantry will struggle, since most of the infantry are organized in squads.
Their burrowing mechanics are a blessing and a curse. So long Rockworms are under ground, they can suffer no damage, but neither can they contest the pads. The unborrowing mechanic is great for sowing chaos behind the enemy lines, but no ground unit can safely support it, since it will damage the friendly units too.
Personality[edit | edit source]
🤖 has no human voice, only mechanical monstrous screams.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Balance update 2018-06-20: Burrow time increased to 2 seconds (was 0.5 seconds)
- Balance update 2018-07-25: Vision range while burrowed increased to 1 (was 0)
- Patch 1.1 2018-10-04:
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 250 (was 150)
- Damage increased to 2000 (was 1600)
- Attack cycle duration increased to 3.75 seconds (was 3.0)
- Balance update 2019-01-24:
- Changed Rockworm damage to AoE Splash Damage
- Damage when Unburrowing vs. Infantry reduced to 90 (was 150)
- Damage when attacking vs. Infantry reduced to 90 (was 250)
- Patch 1.3.1 2019-02-06: Pop up damage cooldown decreased to 6s (was 10s)
- Balance update 2019-03-13: Base damage reduced to 500 (was 2000).
- Balance update 2019-05-01: Speed increased to 4.5 from 3.959
- Balance update 2019-06-05: Infantry damage increased to 180 (was 90)
- Balance update 2019-07-31: Speed increased to average from slow.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]