Anti-air patrol boat
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing
Deployment history[edit | edit source]
The Sea Scorpion was first seen against the Allies in Operation: Deep Sea. They mainly attempted to keep the Allied Harriers from taking off to repel the assault and from Destroyers sinking the Typhoon Attack Subs. It also served at Operation: Fallout as raiding vessels escorting Soviet Dreadnoughts.
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign for Red Alert 2 and might contradict canon.|
In the non-canonical Soviet campaign, the Sea Scorpion served as a valuable asset to intercept the Allied Harriers in Operation: Home Front. It served as important AA units in all other missions involving naval deployment, most importantly, during Operation: Sub-Divide, in which Sea Scorpions were essential in shooting down American and Korean Hornets from enemy Aircraft carriers.
Game unit[edit | edit source]
Sea Scorpions can rapidly eliminate aircraft with their flak cannon. In numbers, they are a match against a destroyer. With their speed and superb visual range, they can also search the open waters in no time. However, they are relatively frail, so shore defences or destroyers can pick them off easily. Having no defence against underwater threats also makes them vulnerable to Boomers and Dolphins.
Their Allied counterpart is the Aegis Cruiser, which has a much more powerful AA attack and somewhat better armor, but is slower, costs the double of resources, and lacks a ground attack option.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Note: in Red Alert 2, the Sea Scorpion shares its quotes with the dreadnought.
When selected[edit | edit source]
- The water's warm, yes?
- Need a little speed?
- Good fishing here!
- Nice day for a cruise!
- I love my boat!
When moving[edit | edit source]
- The quicker, the better!
- A weekend getaway!
- Riding the current!
- Sounds good!
- Running high!
When attacking[edit | edit source]
- They want some flak, eh?
- I hope they can swim!
- I see them!
- The sea can be dangerous place![sic]
- Let's make some waves!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A late beta teaser screenshot, showing the howitzer and hydrofoil
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sea Scorpion was originally designed as the hydrofoil (judging by the internal name HYD), and was also referred to as the Seawolf. Instead of a flak cannon, it used twin missile launchers which differed in appearance in the renders and the in-game voxel. Certain beta screenshots and the game's intro cinematic show these designs, meaning that the current Sea Scorpion design was made very late in development.
- The Sea Scorpion sinks instead of exploding when destroyed by a giant squid. The same goes to the Typhoon attack submarine, amphibious transport and robot tank.
- According to the game files, the Sea Scorpion shares the same anti-air weapon as the flak cannon.
- There is a discrepancy between the in-game voxel and its construction icon — the latter shows the flak cannon mounted near the vessel's stern, but on the former it is mounted amidships.