Sole Survivor patch 1.03
|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
|Patch 1.03 (2a)|
|10 January 1998|
Patch 1.03 (2a) for Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor was released in January 1998.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- On flag capture or goal scoring, name of flag-carrier is announced.
- Flag-carrier gets significant points at end of journey. Only the person who plants the flag on their pedestal gets points.
- A team gets more points now for flag capture.
- Shift-s now shows a message about the screenshot.
- There are now 10 default team macro’s.
- When you die, or kill, the message is a bit more varied now.
- Team wins are now announced in the corresponding color.
- You can no longer flood messaging in skirmish (for those odd few who did).
- Team games always announce team wins.
- New menu button that takes you to the SS ladder. To use this, you need to be connected to the internet, and have a default browser.
- New command, *ladder, to do the same thing, in-game. It does not exit the game you are playing.
- New menu button that shows ssnews.txt with your default txt reader. This file will prepend new version news for each update.
- New command, *news, to do the same thing, in-game. It does not exit the game you are playing.
- If a game is not a ladder game, it will be announced when you join a channel. Most games are ladder games.
- When you join an autoteaming game, the server welcomes you onto the team it has assigned you.
- When you are chasing someone and they teleport, you will no longer keep chasing them.
- You will no longer teleport into enemy bases!
- About 60 small map fixes (stuck places). After this patch, please let me know if you ever get stuck on a map – and where.
- Crate allocation and geography improved on the “island” map
- The unpopular units have been enhanced… try them!
- Infantry no longer leave trails.
- Centering bugs fixed.
- Teamcrates bug fixed (sometimes for some players, teamcrates didn’t work).
- WChat changes:
- If a game is AutoTeaming, Chat will show “AutoTeaming” in the “Choose Your Team” box
- If a game is a ladder game (tournanment game), the channel will be colored yellow. Most games are ladder games.