|“||Striker reporting for duty.
Background[edit | edit source]
It is a superlight walker that can literally run circles around enemy units, tagging them with its laser. When it picks up a Blue Tiberium Core, the laser does more damage and prisms to strike other targets.
In-Game Unit[edit | edit source]
Prepping blueprints for expansion...
Striker is a stub and needs your help. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
The Striker is the second laser-armed Tier 1 vehicle available to the GDI Offense Class and is unlocked at Level 2. Their small, rapid-fire lasers enable them to take on heavier vehicles with impressive efficiency, especially when in groups. As with most Tier 1 units, they are small and lightly armored, making them easy to destroy. However, they are also fast enough to escape trouble if the situation requires such action. Their speed also allows them to jump cliffs and chasms, a handy feature when making a dramatic back-door entrance or beating a hasty retreat.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Created[edit | edit source]
- Striker, reporting for duty.
Selected[edit | edit source]
- I'm fully prepared.
- At your service.
- Yes sir?
- They won't keep up with Striker!
- Discipline's the key.
- A beautiful day for an engagement, I'd say.
- Yes, commander?
- I am my duty.
Moving[edit | edit source]
- We'll certainly give it a go.
- Quite so.
- Yes yes, I agree.
- On my way, Commander.
- It would be my honor.
- Right away, sir.
- An excellent position, I'd say.
- Moving out.
- But of course.
Attacking[edit | edit source]
- Very well, commander!
- I have him!
- Stop him in his tracks!
- He's just in my range!
- Put them down, quickly!
- I'll give them a proper thrashing!
Attacking Light Unit[edit | edit source]
- Those light vehicle might not be so easy.
- Aren't the lasers meant for the heavier armor?
- We might consider sticking with the heavier targets.
- Probably not the best use for the laser.
Move to Attack[edit | edit source]
- I believe that we have the tools at hand.
- We'll see who prevails.
- This encounter seems promising.
- We'll make short work of them!
- A worthy opponent.
- Seems like a fair contest.
In Combat[edit | edit source]
- They shall not prevail!
- Hope they're not a sore loser!
- I do so enjoy the competitive spirit!
- Bang on!
- It'll be our victory soon.
Taking Fire[edit | edit source]
- Can't take another hit like that one!
- Hah! Touche!
- Is that the warning light?
- They're putting up quite a fight!
- We may consider some repairs.
Retreating[edit | edit source]
- Good call!
- I concur!
- Yes, I've come to the same conclusion!
Speed Boost Upgrade (unused)[edit | edit source]
- Ah, we have the speed boost now!
- The speed boost is active now!
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Striker bares a close resemblance to the AT-ST (all-terrain scout transport) of Star Wars fame. The two main differences is that the Striker has a single large armament mounted to the left "shoulder" and a single crewman, while the AT-ST has two "mouth" laser cannons and two crewmen.
- The Striker was weakened during a beta patch, as their cost of only 3 command points meant they could easily be deployed in swarms, and their lasers allowed them to quickly destroy enemy Crawlers with impunity before any reinforcements could be summoned. Therefore, the Striker was given a weaker weapon and reduced movement speed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Aug. 27, 2009. CommandCom Page 8 . Command and Conquer Files. Oct.26, 2009.